Has this been looked at/tought about?

The place to discuss balance changes for future versions of the game.
(Master releases & 3.X)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: Has this been looked at/tought about?

Post by Iluvalar »

Why would you want this for "real" ? Unless the driver mode is fixed. Who want to micro manage the angle of all of their tank manualy ? Why would the tanks AI wouldn't turn their body sideway when needed automaticaly ?

If it's done automatically, then it would only be body dependent. Some body would have better mean deviating armor then others. Pushing the simulation up to simulating each single angle when anyway we randomly generate that angle would be useless. At the end, it would only be a new armor set in % of damage instead of fixed value.

It wouldnt be hard at all to implement but for which goal ? Everywhere you want a armor in %, simply increase the HP by the same amount.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Iluvalar wrote:Why would you want this for "real" ? Unless the driver mode is fixed. Who want to micro manage the angle of all of their tank manualy ? Why would the tanks AI wouldn't turn their body sideway when needed automaticaly ?

If it's done automatically, then it would only be body dependent. Some body would have better mean deviating armor then others. Pushing the simulation up to simulating each single angle when anyway we randomly generate that angle would be useless. At the end, it would only be a new armor set in % of damage instead of fixed value.

It wouldnt be hard at all to implement but for which goal ? Everywhere you want a armor in %, simply increase the HP by the same amount.
There are many micro-management "freaks" out there so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bother. Adding armor into the game instead of just adding HP could add in many things such as a penetration upgrade branch and deflective capabilities. The question you just asked is similar to:

"Why make armored vests and helmets for soldiers when we can just beef them up?" or something like that.

The goal can be simply set as just wanting a radically changed game-play or a more accurate or realistic game.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Why make armored vests and helmets for soldiers when we can just beef them up?
A perfectly valid question in a game balance discussion.
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Post by Zarax »

I think the discussion is becoming more like a feature request one.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

NoQ wrote:
Why make armored vests and helmets for soldiers when we can just beef them up?
A perfectly valid question in a game balance discussion.
I knew you would agree! (sarcasm)
Zarax wrote:I think the discussion is becoming more like a feature request one.
Obviously it is a request. There is no discussion about in-game balance issues. Think this thread should be moved to ideas and suggestions.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Post by Zarax »

It might be better to open a new thread there with a proper subject I think
polo
Greenhorn

Post by polo »

an easier way to implement this is to add it as a sort of evasion, each time the tank gets hit the armor will have a chance to bounce the shot.