Balance details

The place to discuss balance changes for future versions of the game.
(Master releases & 3.X)
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Balance details

Post by NoQ »

I had always assumed that emplacements were considered bunkers (because of their size?).
Well, they differ quite a lot when it comes to surviving flamers. In fact bunkers as a separate modifier is something i enjoy.
Towers versus hardpoints should be balanced by firing through, i think: hardpoints should be harder, but don't shoot through each other, while towers are taller and shoot through anything. (but right now i heard that we have just opposite)
effigy
Regular
Regular

Re: Balance details

Post by effigy »

NoQ wrote:
I had always assumed that emplacements were considered bunkers (because of their size?).
Well, they differ quite a lot when it comes to surviving flamers. In fact bunkers as a separate modifier is something i enjoy.
Towers versus hardpoints should be balanced by firing through, i think: hardpoints should be harder, but don't shoot through each other, while towers are taller and shoot through anything. (but right now i heard that we have just opposite)
I remember discussion during the big targeting change that towers/units should be able to shoot through each other.

I don't believe hardpoints can/should fire through each other currently.

I've known that bunkers are vulnerable to flamers, and I think we should keep that, but have more choices of turrets for bunker/tower/hardpoint.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241