Odd error when connecting to game

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
britefire
New user

Odd error when connecting to game

Post by britefire »

For some reason, it appears I can't connect via ip. The game seems to ignore any ip I enter (in this case, 10.0.0.37) and display the lobby instead? I have my ports forwarded, though I wouldn't think lan would require it. Is there some hidden setting you have to change to be able to directly connect to a lan game?

Ports are forwarded, and the hosting computer is using a static internal ip.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Odd error when connecting to game

Post by vexed »

Check your logs.

Seems like the host you are connected to doesn't have TCP port 2100 open.

For a LAN game, you enter the internal IP of the host machine, like 192.168.2.21 or whatever. Using the normal, external IP might work, if your router was smart enough.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Once IP is entered correctly, you will see a picture similar to that of lobby, but with a list of games hosted on that IP rather than globally.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

britefire wrote: and display the lobby instead?
If you see the lobby server your clicking the wrong button to connect to the host. Choose the IP button.
britefire wrote:Ports are forwarded, and the hosting computer is using a static internal ip.
You don't need to forward ports in the router to host lan game. Most routers don't give static IP, they release it after a certain amount of time and give it to another computer so double check the ip has not changed.

If your clicking the correct button then it's one of the computers software firewall or the incorrect IP.

If you don't like the room being displayed on the lobby server when you host lan game you can prevent it from doing so by changing the name in the config file.