Multilayer issue - Player losing connection

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Joefromtwg
New user

Post by Joefromtwg »

My friend and I have just started playing WZ2100 - He has never played before, I used to have it on the Pc years ago, when I brought a laptop it wouldnt work due to my crap graphics card not supporting OpenGL, I also had it on the PS1

Anyway, We have been playing online with no major problem, but we have never finished a match as we both get the message that the other person has left/the host has ended the game. The game then does the fireworks and doesn't stop.

I'm just wondering if its one of our internet cutting out?
He can't host as his router wont allow the Unpu/port forwarding to open. I've tried but there is no option to add 2100. So I host, I've opened my ports for other games so haven't tried the 2100 unpu open port thing (lol) Is this the problem or is it because his internet or mine isn't good enough. I've played games online both on PC and Xbox with no problems before, I know that his isn't the best, and the speed isn't great.

Would the log file details help perhaps?

Thanks
- Joe
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Re: Multilayer issue - Player losing connection

Post by Andrie »

Your Internet speed must be fast other wise the game is going to do that, close your downloads, disable all internet conectoins. :wink:
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Joefromtwg wrote:I'm just wondering if its one of our internet cutting out?
Are you getting the same results with the 3.1 beta? The networking code of 2.3.9 is pretty bad from what I hear. Try 3.1 beta 11 instead and tell us what you find.

Also, if you would like to arrange games, meet some guys at the Community Chat room http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=warzone2100-games . We can then say for sure if the host quit or not.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Sounds to me like internet cutting out. I'd recommend the 3.1 betas, maybe it would work better somehow, and if not, at least there's no risk of the game continuing to seem to run normally, 10 minutes after the connection dropped.

Don't think internet speed is relevant. Disabling your internet connection won't help.