what are they?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
warzone666
Trained
Trained

what are they?

Post by warzone666 »

i been playing...playng...playing...and i got tired of playing by the rules so...i used cheats! :D

ok for the part of cheat but...

i used give alll and these researches appeared...ok: a lot of bodies,weapons,etc...

i finished researching it and...i say somenthing that looked like a white box...it was a research called CAM1 weapons;bodies;ect...

and i was wondering...what are they??  ??? ???

wen i try to researh one, warzone imedeately crashes! LOL! :P

please help! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT ARE THEY! (and why they crash the game)

of course, i downloaded warzone from here, and its the latest version (not with hotfix)
Ursa
Trained
Trained

Re: what are they?

Post by Ursa »

CAM 1 is the research you start every game with that allows you to research things like machine guns

Play with AIvolution, it makes things interesting again.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Ursa wrote: Play with AIvolution, it makes things interesting again.
AIvolution only works with the current development trunk though.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
warzone666
Trained
Trained

Post by warzone666 »

im dump...so please explain

what is AIvolution and development trunk??

yu mean that there is a wav of changing the A.I. of single player to make the computer act more...different? :P
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

warzone666 wrote: i been playing...playng...playing...and i got tired of playing by the rules so...i used cheats! :D
ok for the part of cheat but...
i used give alll and these researches appeared...ok: a lot of bodies,weapons,etc...
i finished researching it and...i say somenthing that looked like a white box...it was a research called CAM1 weapons;bodies;ect...
and i was wondering...what are they??  ??? ???
wen i try to researh one, warzone imedeately crashes! LOL! :P
please help! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT ARE THEY! (and why they crash the game)
of course, i downloaded warzone from here, and its the latest version (not with hotfix)

this particular behavior happened with the original warzone as well - i remember reading on some site a looooooong time ago that if you tried using them warzone would crash.  why it crashes  - who knows... they never did say what was causing it... so there you have it. ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

warzone666 wrote: im dump...so please explain

what is AIvolution and development trunk??
No, you're not dumb but obviously too lazy to use the search functionality on this forum board.
A hint: you should be able to find info about AIvolution on this forum or otherwise in the Warzone 2100 Wiki, and about the term "development trunk" you should be able to find info on Wikipedia.
warzone666 wrote: yu mean that there is a wav of changing the A.I. of single player to make the computer act more...different? :P
RTFM.

And so that I don't have to explain: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

yes there is a way of changing the ai - the instructions are listed with the ai  as well as on the wikki  and ai think also on the forums.

http://forums.wz2100.net/

http://wiki.wz2100.net/
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

and to berate people for asking questions is not the way to win friends and influence people. >:(

i appologize for giel... he is probably having a hard day. ;D
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

lav_coyote25 wrote: and to berate people for asking questions is not the way to win friends and influence people. >:(
He shows no signs of having done any effort himself to find the answers so I think I am right when I say he should go and RTFM.
lav_coyote25 wrote: i appologize for giel... he is probably having a hard day. ;D
Yes I'm having a (too long) day since the neighbours are having a party and I can't sleep !!! Anyway I'm not trying to be rude here so no need to apologize for me (i.e. I wouldn't have apologized for the above).
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

since first coming into the community way back when - i have noticed that there are questions being asked over and over again -  and it was me doing the asking...  and i did receive a comment such as that you made - and that made me a bit embarrased / depressed  due to the answers i was getting didnt FULLY answer my questions.  when it involves persons whose english language skills arent the same as your's or mine - i have found it is just better to answer the question in a different way or even to go so far as to make arrangements for an IM conversation so to do a 1 on 1  and assist that way...  patience is the one thing i eventually found here on the warzone 2100 forums ( here =  newst / pumpkin2 / RTS / warzone2100.de and wz2100.net and some forums that have  threads about warzone2100...)
warzone666
Trained
Trained

Post by warzone666 »

i really agree that warzone has a GREAT and ABNORMAR pacience... as i see the same question being asked over and over again and a REALLY good awnser never really comes (no offense)

but since the topic is already created...why not awnser my question right away?? :D :D ;D
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

warzone666 wrote: what is AIvolution and development trunk??
Aivolution (not "AIvolution" and not "AIVolution", just something I wanted to mention) is a cooperative (can coordinate actions and share information with other Aivolution AIs and humans), adapting, non-cheating skirmish/multiplayer AI. And the best thing is it offers a bigger challenge than the stock 1.10 AI.

I hope that answers everything.

Looks like it's time to create a wiki page for Aivolution.
warzone666 wrote: yu mean that there is a wav of changing the A.I. of single player to make the computer act more...different? :P
While theoritically possible, there is currently no other AI available for the campaign. All custom AIs written for Warzone are for skirmish/multiplayer only.
?topic=1617.0
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

warzone666 wrote: i really agree that warzone has a GREAT and ABNORMAR pacience... as i see the same question being asked over and over again and a REALLY good awnser never really comes (no offense)

but since the topic is already created...why not awnser my question right away?? :D :D ;D
I'm sorry, but your post made no sense whatsoever.
warzone666
Trained
Trained

Post by warzone666 »

ahh my posts are alawavs idiot and being moved and locked anywavs :P

so basically this CAM1 is the same things that allow us to rescearch other stuff like weapons and bodies

and Aivolution is an different version of the stock A.I 1.10 but it dosent work on campain?

and after all...this post is usseles? :P
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Those white boxes are completely useless.
Researching them will do nothing but crash your game, and perhaps corrupt your save-file. (It's happened to me)

Just don't research them, and you'll be fine.

Hard as it is, looking at your poor little flashing research button, begging to research the boxes.  ::)