jeff_sadowski
Rookie
Rookie

entering cheat codes?

Post by jeff_sadowski »

warzone version:
2.0.5rc1

OS
Windows(I bought a fatality sound card and a wireless N linux will have to wait a bit on this beast)

OK the game got too hard for me and I wanted to try something new.
I started the game with the --cheat option then did shift+backspace and now I can build everything I thought this was to activate cheat codes? I type the cheat codes in and it doesn't do what I expect. It treats the keys like normal. Am I suppose to do something before entering in these cheat codes?

BTW:
I am to the mission just after I got the synaptic link to research. How far am I in this game. The mission timers are driving me insane.
Last edited by jeff_sadowski on 11 Sep 2006, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: entering cheat codes?

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 14 May 2007, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
jeff_sadowski
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeff_sadowski »

Holy cow, I'm not even half way and its hard as can be this game is just a we too challenging. I guess I need to play more.  :)
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Cheat codes are entered like normal messages...

When you start the game in --cheat mode, you get a notification on the commandline that cheat mode has been made accessible or something like that. When you are in a campaign game you then press SHFT+BKSP and are notified that you entered cheatmode. Then you press t as if you wanted to write a message to someone, but instead write the cheatcode.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

jeff_sadowski wrote:I started the game with the --cheat option then did shift+backspace and now I can build everything
I had the same problem using an old keymap. Delete it and try again.
We want information... information... information.
jeff_sadowski
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeff_sadowski »

Yes that was it thanks.
Now I can use just cheats that help a little and try and work my way off them.
ihj8264
New user

Post by ihj8264 »

i cant get codes to work! how do i find command line?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ihj8264 wrote: i cant get codes to work! how do i find command line?

1) in windows - desktop shortcut - see here!!

2) start game - go to options - keymappings - click on the garbage can icon - go back to the main menu - quit.

3) start game - enter one of the many maps or campaign....  to enter into debug/cheat mode - push shift and backspace.  there will be a text message saying you have cheated...  now you can enter any of the cheats by typing  t  and entering the cheat in the chat function at the bottom of the screen.

4) go here for all the cheats...
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
eracc
New user

Post by eracc »

Command line options
From WarzoneWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.

Cheats
From WarzoneWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.

It appears the move from wz2100.net/wiki to wiki.wz2100.net has broken your existing pages. Where can I now find these pages please?
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

eracc wrote: It appears the move from wz2100.net/wiki to wiki.wz2100.net has broken your existing pages. Where can I now find these pages please?
The pages do still exist, but in the old wiki.
See: index.php?topic=1053.0
Last edited by Kamaze on 23 Oct 2007, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.