about my original name in wz and forums and freenode...

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
BfvsToeCutter
New user

about my original name in wz and forums and freenode...

Post by BfvsToeCutter »

that i can no longer use in Master version...wtf...in all my years of playing wz i never saw another Skynet. Maybe you can see if hes been MIA for long enough to allow me rights to the name? otherwise its bullshit to make a game version, that is beautiful fyi, but with a govenor on the names used In the game, account name should be one thing yes but names in game are too restricting. No disrespect but when i last lost my internet ability and took a break from wz2100 online, there were a mere 12-24 ppl worldwide who could beat me. Please try to help me on this matter.I earned that name. Furthermore How do i get in direct contact with a moderator besides on freenode? thats where my problems first arrose, i was the first skynet name user but i was newbcakes and hated forum interaction, so some jerk took my name and registered it...trickle effect from there which now i see they were most likely able to do in half a days work.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: about my original name in wz and forums and freenode...

Post by vexed »

BfvsToeCutter wrote:that i can no longer use in Master version...wtf...in all my years of playing wz i never saw another Skynet. Maybe you can see if hes been MIA for long enough to allow me rights to the name? otherwise its crap to make a game version, that is beautiful fyi, but with a govenor on the names used In the game, account name should be one thing yes but names in game are too restricting. No disrespect but when i last lost my internet ability and took a break from wz2100 online, there were a mere 12-24 ppl worldwide who could beat me. Please try to help me on this matter.I earned that name. Furthermore How do i get in direct contact with a moderator besides on freenode? thats where my problems first arrose, i was the first skynet name user but i was newbcakes and hated forum interaction, so some jerk took my name and registered it...trickle effect from there which now i see they were most likely able to do in half a days work.
We have no connection with freenode at all, besides using their services.
As for "Skynet", do you know how many people use that name now ? Lots.
It isn't unique in any way, but the bigger problem is, there is pretty much no way to verify who the "first" user with the alias "Skynet" was.

The only thing we can suggest is you modify "Skynet" to "Skynet_" or whatever variation of that alias.
The lobby system will allow the use of more than one alias, but that has yet to be written.
It is pretty much universal practice that we go by whomever is first gets that alias, with some rare exceptions being made for people who pretend they are someone else.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

It does help to place a unique variation before, after or somewhere in the middle of your name, such as your birthdate, year of birth, or the initials on your name, so that you can distinguish yourself from all the other "Skynets" out there. Take my name for example. There are quite a few people out there that use the username "Shadow Wolf", but what separates me from the other "Shadow Wolves" is that unique marker I've been putting at the end of my name: "TJC".
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

I suggest we all use 32 bit hexadecimal identifiers. That will allow for roughly 4 billion unique names.

No idea what the remaining 3 billion people on the planet will do. Losers!
SkyNet-Central
Greenhorn

Post by SkyNet-Central »

Master version still is not recognizing my log in with this name..yet i can log in to the forum with it....Plz help?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

SkyNet-Central wrote:Master version still is not recognizing my log in with this name..yet i can log in to the forum with it....Plz help?
Post your logs, and I'll take a look.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
SkyNet-Central
Greenhorn

Post by SkyNet-Central »

oh oh yeah great...hows about u ppl DISCONTINUE that BS stopping us Real players from enjoying the new version...???? what Fning log do you want, i have Dozens now, and quite frankly im tired of human impotence interfering the game play..perhaps u guys on the dev team may consider WORKING OUT ALL the bugs b4 u release a version eh? just once perhaps?? im sick of this already, my name lost, i follow ur guidelines and rules and requests and STILL no avail.... Really guys? Seriously? f**k this sh*t, get me my name back AND asap plz. Clearly its design flaw..on behalf of the designers. Want Master to flop like the original WZ did, then keep it up because you're on the fast track already. I work for a living and id like to enjoy the game in the few hours-minutes i have to spare..not waste time cuz a gang of Kids with mommy and daddy paying the bills Think they did something cool!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

vexed wrote:/facepalm ...
Now i know what you mean (:
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

SkyNet-Central wrote:perhaps u guys on the dev team may consider WORKING OUT ALL the bugs b4 u release a version eh?
Dude, you realize you are using an unreleased version? If you want less bugs, use a stable release. That's what they're for.

In any case, since you clearly need to chill down and rethink your general attitude towards life and other people, I have given you a nice little one month ban.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

If you really want to fix things Ask John Conner !!!
SkyNet-Central
Greenhorn

Post by SkyNet-Central »

Ok so after my lil temporary ban (instead of admins fixing a problem they made) I now find that i can no longer host at all.Same Network, same set up, Hmmm Any intelligent answers this time or is it Another bannnnnnnnnn ?
SkyNet-Central
Greenhorn

Post by SkyNet-Central »

Oh yeah, P.S. If im treated like dogshit again in this matter, heres a lil hint, I have in my bank account after winning some lawsuits recently, set aside over 500k for privately working on a new version of WZ called simply enough Warzone 2200. In this version its a matter of Admins playing the game just as we players do in wz2100 however its been modified to be more like the battlefield series. Yes that means admins build the base and research etc while the players join and assume control of the vehicles/units produced with various camera styles to suite the various types of players out there. So I warn you kids one time and one time only. That 500k was just a small fraction of my winnings and should this admin team opt to treat me like dogshit again, I WILL Squish this project. Learn a lil respect boys n girls. The time is near and im sure my version (copyrighted btw) Will empty and evaporate the classic WZ should that be my desire. It is not i asure you but simply put, Over the years i have been mistreated by asshats over the net far too much in regards to this game and its dev team. Ball is in your court boys!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Cool story bro. The best part of it:
(copyrighted btw)
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

SkyNet-Central wrote:Warzone 2200
o______O
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, srsly. This guy is just showing off his failure to understand the whole point of GPL. Everybody will only be happy if he does something like that. Including, most likely, the project staff. Because nobody benefits from running the project. I mean, nobody. Like nobody benefits from developing The GIMP or Apache, though lots of people benefit from having it and from its getting better. And the whole point of GPL is that it makes sure nobody will ever be able to change the situation significantly. So as long as you don't violate the license, go on, clap clap clap for you, everybody will be happy (but you're most likely bluffing anyway, so in fact nobody cares).

P.S. The first thing he could have done if he actually had money was to order an alternative lobbyserver.