pop through?? or what????

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

pop through?? or what????

Post by lav_coyote25 »

when in the choose menu - it is as if the cursor is clicking through to the underlying dos box - is this supposed to happen. note: it doesnt happen all the time... maybe 85 percent of the time it doesnt happen... see the pic. :hmm:
Attachments
dos box poping up when in choice menu.png
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 12 Jul 2011, 05:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: seeing as this has been fixed. locked and leaving it as archived... thanks. lav_coyote25
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Re: pop through?? or what????

Post by Safety0ff »

Note to other devs: maybe we should be setting the Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint custom window flag/ hint on the window to remedy this?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Safety0ff wrote:Note to other devs: maybe we should be setting the Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint custom window flag/ hint on the window to remedy this?
and that will stop the popup??????
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

lav_coyote25 wrote:and that will stop the popup??????
It'll stop other windows from showing in front of the window unless it is minimized.
I don't recall warzone opening a console on windows by default(though I may be wrong, my memory is of SDL versions only,) I also don't know what causes it to open (is this something that started after switching to Qt ?).

I did find it peculiar that there was a console with the debug/error output in your video (with SDL versions it didn't even output to the console if I opened it from a command line.)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

this time it did it on set structure limits, there are times it will trigger on when i choose set map, some times it will be something else, but always, when i am on this menu... intermittent , there are times when it does not happen at all. is there some way to monitor this??? like how buggy wants to monitor the sound glitch stuff??? :hmm:

anyways - here is a pic.
Attachments
popup happens on set structure limits.png
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Safety0ff wrote:...
I don't recall warzone opening a console on windows by default(though I may be wrong, my memory is of SDL versions only,) I also don't know what causes it to open (is this something that started after switching to Qt ?).
...)
For me, yes (started with Qt builds). Though, I've never had it poke through the game window (I play in windowed mode, however, and I know Fullscreen has a lot of issues with display settings).
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

note: once i click anywhere on the screen - it will flash a few times, and then go back to normal. sorry - i forgot to address that... :oops:

usually this only happens once per session. at the beginning :hmm: .
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

so, as i said - this is inconsistent. i wish i knew how to code or how to error check code... as there is a HUGE FRACKING error somewhere in there....
Attachments
not consistent.png
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

Buginator cleared up the cause of this for me, just trying to see what the best/easiest way to deal with it is.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

YUCK.

/me kicks -console
and it ends here.
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

This has been fixed.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Safety0ff wrote:This has been fixed.
thankyou very much to all who did this... :)

seeing as this has been fixed. locked and leaving it as archived... thanks. lav_coyote25