VTOL landing problem

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
adrian5934
Greenhorn

VTOL landing problem

Post by adrian5934 »

Problem - after attack mission, Vtol will circle it's landing pad, but fail to land.
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Re: VTOL landing problem

Post by matthewfarmery »

never encountered this, this with the 2.3.8 build or master? maybe if you provide a save game, that may help, while I don't really use VTOLS that much, at least not in the campaign, I never had this problem, so more details on when and where you experience this might help
Spychotic
New user

Re: VTOL landing problem

Post by Spychotic »

You may not be able to recreate this problem. It is the bane of all programmers; a platform-specific issue!

I read somewhere that the coding that deals with VTOL motion calculates the turn rate and forward speed in different ways. As such, with a faster computer processor, the turn rate isn't high enough to cope with the forward speed of a VTOL, causing issues involving VTOLS flying round in circles.

This commonly happens to VTOLS circling landing pads, however, on the final mission of the campaign it strikes the transport that brings your forces in, causing it to fail to leave the map after it has dropped a load of units off.

The game code needs changing to fix this; as I said, I believe the problem originates in how the VTOL turn rate is calculated.

In the meantime, there is a fix; pressing 'ctrl' and '-' will slow down the game, increasing VTOL turn rate, correcting the VTOL behaviour. Pressing 'ctrl' & '=' (which is also the '+' button) will return the game to normal speed. However, you need to apply it each time the bug strikes, which is a pain in the rump.

Spike