How to play this game?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Cheery
New user

How to play this game?

Post by Cheery »

I haven't played warzone 2100.

To inform you, the latest release I got, there no tutorial is working. >:( I'm asking because this is completely different from other RTSs I've played, Mostly, how this all links together?

::) I'm quite amazed about how much content there is in this game. Are they auto-generated or something?

ps. cool smilies, who made them?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: How to play this game?

Post by DevUrandom »

I am sorry that the tutorial is not working. :(
2.0.5 is not far (there was more than one bug in 2.0.4 *sigh*).

The basics are quite easy:
- Research some tech (green button in the bottom left menu) (tracks and engine are important in the beginning)
- Design units (blue? button) Choose a chassis (wheels, tracks, etc), a body (light, heavy, etc) and a weapon
- Build your units in the factory (grey button)

Small (non extended) factories can only build light bodies.
There are also special "weapons" like the command-turret. You can assign other units to the commander which makes them act in a group and (I guess) better in fighting. There is also the radar. Assign artillery to a radar unit to make it shoot further and on command of the radar unit. (Works like the commander.)

Dennis,
featuring smilies by SMF ;)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Cheery wrote: I haven't played warzone 2100.
To inform you, the latest release I got, there no tutorial is working. >:( I'm asking because this is completely different from other RTSs I've played, Mostly, how this all links together?
::) I'm quite amazed about how much content there is in this game. Are they auto-generated or something?
ps. cool smilies, who made them?
link to the WarZone 2100 Documents Project pages...

The manual plus all or close to all that is known about warzone 2100 :)
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Cheery
New user

Post by Cheery »

Thank you!

Maybe I'm now able to win. How do I find games after I'll get bored to playing with bots?
Last edited by Cheery on 02 Sep 2006, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

just join the chat on freenode (#warzone) and ask s.o. to play. I am looking forward to play withor against you.

Also the master server should be ready soon... so you can browse in a list of games and choose one..

--Ano