Sound effects are very quiet (inaudible, for the most part) in game.

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
shoeberto
New user

Sound effects are very quiet (inaudible, for the most part) in game.

Post by shoeberto »

Nice to see an active WZ team, first off :)  The last version I was running seemed to have a dead community.  This release seems really good, except that the ingame sound effects (not the menu sounds, those are fine) are quiet to the point where I can't hear them without zooming in on the object making it and having my speakers turned all the way up.  And yes, the ingame sound effect volume is all the way up  :P  Is there anything I can do about this?
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: Sound effects are very quiet (inaudible, for the most part) in game.

Post by Terminator »

Yes I agree with Shoeberto. While playing sounds of oil dereks and of generators (the most) becoming louder and louder all the time. And then I can hear even music and fire shoots.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
rajasta
New user

Post by rajasta »

Hm, no such problems here. You're sure to have the FX volume set reasonably high, right?

BTW, I find the sound of the oil pumps absolutely unnerving, especially since there's no music playing by default. IMO it should be a bit adjusted in volume.

Cheers,
-sascha
shoeberto
New user

Post by shoeberto »

All of the sliders are at max, and in the config file, all of the values are listed at 100.  Could it be an OpenAL problem?  I have the recent libraries installed.
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

rajasta wrote: Hm, no such problems here. You're sure to have the FX volume set reasonably high, right?

BTW, I find the sound of the oil pumps absolutely unnerving, especially since there's no music playing by default. IMO it should be a bit adjusted in volume.

Cheers,
-sascha
i agree to that..

--Ano
nicholasneko
Greenhorn

Post by nicholasneko »

i've had the same problem, where sounds will stop playing from different weapons or units for no real reason.. i'm guessing... just guessing, it might have to do with the max sounds playable at one time. for some reason when it seems like its not its hitting this limit and stoping most the sounds, tends to happen in large battles or when lots of artillery are fireing.
shoeberto
New user

Post by shoeberto »

nicholasneko wrote: i've had the same problem, where sounds will stop playing from different weapons or units for no real reason.. i'm guessing... just guessing, it might have to do with the max sounds playable at one time. for some reason when it seems like its not its hitting this limit and stoping most the sounds, tends to happen in large battles or when lots of artillery are fireing.
I've had that in other builds, but my problem was just that the sounds weren't playing at all.

The recent release candidate fixed my problem, though.
C01eMaN
Trained
Trained

Post by C01eMaN »

ive also noticed that... when i press escape and open the menu and return to the game the sounds seem to work again but this is just tempory.
also when i minimise the game id like the sounds to stop completely (its a bit annoying when i get a call on skype and have the power generators and oil derrics noise in the background)

coleman
Im Addicted To Warzone!!!!!!!
rush2049
Trained
Trained

Post by rush2049 »

I can concoure with CO1eMaN, I was playing a 7 hour game networked with my father and this was annoying... Ilike to hear all the arty firing and the explosions... not just the darn oil dericks... actually maybey there should be a button to just disab;le that oil dereck sound?
System:AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @3.511ghz, 8GB DDR3 @1672.2mhz 9-9-9-24, Geforce GTX 275
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

rush2049 wrote: actually maybey there should be a button to just disab;le that oil dereck sound?

hows about this - lets get a new sound for the derricks...one that isnt quite so harsh.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
nicholasneko
Greenhorn

Post by nicholasneko »

as the 2 beer guys say... brilliant!
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

Yes a new sound would be a good idea :)

i agree once more

--Ano