Campaing 3 Mission 2

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
brutha
New user

Campaing 3 Mission 2

Post by brutha »

Campaing 3 Mission 2 (I think).
Mission Text says "Assist Team Gamma. On reaching gamma Base help secure the area from NEXUS attacks."

When I reach Gamma Base I get "Alliance Broken" and the mission is lost. Anything I can do to complete the mission?
kage
Regular
Regular

Re: Campaing 3 Mission 2

Post by kage »

erm... ouch. i think that might be a bug, but i can't be sure (been way to long since i've played through), because it could be part of the plot concerning the link weapons (i forget what they're called, but they're the ones that convert your units over to the other side). it may be it's part of the storyline, and you're just getting there too late -- try to send a group of units out as quickly as possible: one that's strong enough to blitz through any resistance and help out gamma right away, while following it with a larger force. if you get there in a very reasonable amount of time, and it still has the "alliance broken" message, then my guess is it's a bug.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

The mission you are referring to is 3-3, not 3-2.

Gamma base is "supposed" to be lost to Nexus, but the game is not supposed to end in failure at that point.

The trigger to "lose" the northern gamma base is one of 2 situations:

a)  you drive into the base itself
b)  you attack the Nexus HQ.

If you are getting "bugged out" with one of these events, I recommend trying the other to see if you can bypass the bug.

(Nexus's HQ is along the west edge of the map, about 1/2 a screen north of where Nexus had their Angel missle batteries in stage 3-1)