skybox??? maybe or what???

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

skybox??? maybe or what???

Post by lav_coyote25 »

???  exactly what is that supposed to be... if thats the sky box... please put the old one back. ;D
Attachments
wz2100_shot_071.jpg
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
kage
Regular
Regular

Re: skybox??? maybe or what???

Post by kage »

looks like some kind of giant power receptacle... screw derricks, let me plug into that!

on a less serious note, my guess is that you've been playing around with the texpages, or have the wrong filename listed in there somewhere...
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

kage wrote: looks like some kind of giant power receptacle... screw derricks, let me plug into that!

on a less serious note, my guess is that you've been playing around with the texpages, or have the wrong filename listed in there somewhere...

well if its wrong it isnt from something i have done... i dont change texture pages or files... ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

and which version of warzone are you running? if you upgraded to the preview version, it may be that you needed to have previously removed the old stuff, as there might have been some rename that's now clashing.
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

gerard_'s skybox implementation should be looked like this:

[img width=640 height=480]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9084 ... 032tz2.jpg[/img]

I think he stretched the original skybox texture a bit,you need the texture page in svn to display it properly methinks.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

The texpage in the 2.0.5 data is not the same as that in the 2.0.6 data... But this really should make it completely different...
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

is it possible to do up a complete version - my attempts at doing svn ... well lets just say it failed miserably.... >:(
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Yes, I'll push out 2.0.6 soon. Apparently there won't be any other serious changes, so I don't have to wait anymore.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

thanks dev - that corrected the sky box with that last issue of 206... now i am getting a even funnier texture error... ;D

grims mod active...
Attachments
whats wrong with this pic.jpg
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

LOL

I'll see what I can do...
Kyor
Trained
Trained

Post by Kyor »

take grim's mod off =]
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

no - actually - i prefer the gims mod... better terrain tiles...
Kyor
Trained
Trained

Post by Kyor »

So...delete the sky .png file from grim.wz...

In my case, i've deactivated grim and made another texture =]
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

The problem was that that the PIE referenced "page-25.png" which didn't exist.
There only is "page-25-sky.png" and "page-25-walls.png" (the latter being from Grim's mod).
Apparently Warzone used the sky texture for everything instead of complaining that it can't find the resource. Gerard mentioned that Warzone is not interested in anything at all after the 2nd '-', which would explain this situation.
I fixed the mod in a way which should be future-safe, even if we add a dozen new texture pages:
The names of the textures are now "grim-walls.png" and "grim-gb.png" and referenced as such in the PIE files.
You can get the fixed mod from http://download.gna.org/warzone/development/grim.wz
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

thankyou Dev  is appreciated... and what you said about the texture pages... if true would be an awesome development. ;D
Attachments
wz2100_shot_109.jpg
wz2100_shot_108.jpg