skybox??? maybe or what???

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: skybox??? maybe or what???

Post by lav_coyote25 »

DevUrandom wrote: The problem was that that the PIE referenced "page-25.png" which didn't exist.
There only is "page-25-sky.png" and "page-25-walls.png" (the latter being from Grim's mod).
Apparently Warzone used the sky texture for everything instead of complaining that it can't find the resource. Gerard mentioned that Warzone is not interested in anything at all after the 2nd '-', which would explain this situation.
I fixed the mod in a way which should be future-safe, even if we add a dozen new texture pages:
The names of the textures are now "grim-walls.png" and "grim-gb.png" and referenced as such in the PIE files.
You can get the fixed mod from http://download.gna.org/warzone/development/grim.wz
???
ok - so - if i have lets say tertilesc1, c2, c3, c4, c5, c6....  how do we add them ...  will that be a seperate mod such as what grim did up?  ???  ...  and once you have explained this i will add that to the online tutorial. ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

The PIE files all reference the associated texture in a line like:
TEXTURE 0 page-10-laboratories.png 256 256
For own models you can of course use any name you want, just make sure that the file is in the texpages directory at the time the game starts.

This means that the new texture can be brought along by the game, by your mod or any other mod which is loaded together with your mod. You could create a "common.wz" mod which holds all the custom textures for your maps or other mods (eg. to safe download size) and the user just has to specify this mod in addition to your others when starting the game (eg. --mod common.wz --mod mymod.wz).

I'd recommend starting the name of the textures with an abbreviation of your name or mod, followed by a short description to prevent name clashes. (Like I did with "grim-walls" and "grim-gb" (whatever he meant with "gb").)

I don't think you really can add any tilesets. At least I currently don't know how to do it.
Last edited by DevUrandom on 06 Apr 2007, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

new release from giel - gave back the same thing that started this thread.  here is pic.....

i will replace the old grims mod folder with the new one devurandom released... see if that helps... will post back on the results.

‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok - that cured the problem...  the updated grimsmod that devurandom made - works fine with the png screen shots release.

updated grims mod here... ;D

slide show

Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 21 Apr 2007, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

I updated the wrf files to match the order we use in trunk (to make it easier to see the differing parts) and also uploaded a version which should work with the trunk:
http://download.gna.org/warzone/development/grim.wz
http://download.gna.org/warzone/develop ... m.trunk.wz