Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: AMD64 compile errors

Post by lav_coyote25 »

DevUrandom wrote: Kim:
Quote from: Scourge
Copyright 2006, may NOT be reproduced without explicit permission.

exactly - thats why i am asking!! ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

DevUrandom wrote: Well, we were talking about linking a 32bit app with 64bit libs. Nothing about sockets and X connections...
in a big way, that's actually non-applicable. afaik, there is no way, without emulation (and let's not go there) to let a 32-bit program use 64-bit libs or vice versa -- the abi's are simply incompatible. my method of getting 32-bit opengl programs to run at native speeds doesn't involve mixing libs because every single lib needed by the 32-bit program must be a 32-bit lib -- it's just communicating with the x server via sockets or other networking, and is otherwise directly rendering its output to the video card.

in other words, there is no linking between 32-bit and 64-bit apps/libs, and no matter what, when you're talking about x, you're forced to talk about sockets and x connections.
lav_coyote25 wrote: exactly - thats why i am asking!! ;D
heh, don't worry coyote, i can write up an equiv that applies to debian (and for the most part, debian derivatives) that won't even violate the dfsg -- you can print mine on toilet paper if you wanted (once i get off my ass, sit down, and type it out).
Hitman
Greenhorn

Post by Hitman »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
exactly - thats why i am asking!! ;D
Yeah. You can use it as long as you give credit that I wrote it  :P
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Hitman wrote: Yeah. You can use it as long as you give credit that I wrote it  :P

yes. i do that anyway. thankyou. ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Mr. Pig
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Pig »

GO KEN GO!