Problem compiling warzone 2100

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
viciouslime
Greenhorn

Problem compiling warzone 2100

Post by viciouslime »

I have installed all the libraries as required and ./configure runs fine, but when it comes to running make, it terminates almost instantly with the following output:

Making all in data
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in win32
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in lib
Making all in framework
/bin/sh ../../ylwrap resource_parser.y y.tab.c resource_parser.c y.tab.h resource_parser.h y.output resource_parser.output -- bison -y -oy.tab.c -d
/Users/dan/warzone/warzone2100-2.0.5/lib/framework/resource_parser.y:38: unrecognized: %name_prefix
/Users/dan/warzone/warzone2100-2.0.5/lib/framework/resource_parser.y:38:    Skipping to next %
make[2]: *** [resource_parser.c] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

This is being compilied on an intel mac btw. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Problem compiling warzone 2100

Post by DevUrandom »

Try running ./autogen.sh && ./configure
viciouslime
Greenhorn

Post by viciouslime »

Thanks, but I should have said before, i have first run ./autogen.sh and then the command used to get to the error above is as follows:

CFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib ./configure && make

I have used darwinports to intall the necessary libraries hence having to set the paths as above. Also, I have tried installing gcc 4.3 through darwinports and using the command:

CFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib CC=/opt/local/bin/i386-apple-darwin8.8.3-gcc-4.3.0 ./configure && make

But exactly the same error is given  :(
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

I would have guess that autogen.sh would report an error about a wrong bison version... Maybe the detection script is broken or looking for the wrong version. Which version of bison do you have? (bison --version) I have 2.3 and it works flawlessly.
viciouslime
Greenhorn

Post by viciouslime »

hmmm i have only 1.28, how do i go about upgrading this?

EDIT: I have used fink to upgrade bison (fink install bison) and it works now :) Thank you so much!!! ;D ;D ;D
Last edited by viciouslime on 13 Mar 2007, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.