Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
A4tech
Trained
Trained

Documentation - manual

Post by A4tech »

Hello,

I want to ask a question about Warzone 2100 documentation or some kind a manual... Where can I find information about all researches in game, building types, and body types of tanks / VTOL's?
I found online documentation writen by lav_coyote, but that's very out-of-date, and nothing concrete about today Warzone 2100 features.

Hope understand my language :-S
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Re: Documentation - manual

Post by Thyranim »

look at top of this page
"User Guide" and then "The Warzone 2100 User Guide"
I think your questions will be answered there.

there you can find all structures, bodies, turrets and so on
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

yes - the info in the documents project is out of date. but some of it is still in use on the new wiki here embedded within this site... and as i have stated before - all of the info has been garnered from others over the years and credit was given to those that did the original when i knew who it was... you just dont spend a weekend and voila ! come up with this stuff... the documents project took about 6 years... and many changes were made - so now we have Zarel and others trying to update and carry on with what was started so many years back - when i asked a very simple question... " are there any tutorials to use this map maker ( and other tools)... the answer i got was , to say the least, a bit frustrating... yes there were some tutorials but they lacked depth. So i said " do you want me to perhaps do some or update the ones we have..." an answer was long in coming - i think due in part to my not being an active participant ( at that time.. i was just doing maps and getting nowhere fast...).

so that is a little history - hope it didnt put you all to sleep. xD
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

lav_coyote25 wrote:yes - the info in the documents project is out of date. but some of it is still in use on the new wiki here embedded within this site... and as i have stated before - all of the info has been garnered from others over the years and credit was given to those that did the original when i knew who it was... you just dont spend a weekend and voila ! come up with this stuff... the documents project took about 6 years... and many changes were made - so now we have Zarel and others trying to update and carry on with what was started so many years back - when i asked a very simple question... " are there any tutorials to use this map maker ( and other tools)... the answer i got was , to say the least, a bit frustrating... yes there were some tutorials but they lacked depth. So i said " do you want me to perhaps do some or update the ones we have..." an answer was long in coming - i think due in part to my not being an active participant ( at that time.. i was just doing maps and getting nowhere fast...).

so that is a little history - hope it didnt put you all to sleep. xD
6 years, and over 20" of snow, had to walk 30 miles back and forth everyday ...

oh wait... O_o :P O_O :-S O_O :D

I am just amazed people want to read the manual, and not demand answers. :stare:
and it ends here.