Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

New WZ don't accept old pies ?

Post by D.Durand »

Hello,

Well, i tried to load pies of the new WZ (this site) on my Pieslicer, and he refuse : Not good, he say.
No problems with the old "standard" WZ.

There is a new version of Pieslicer i don't know ? I use the 1.12
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: New WZ don't accept old pies ?

Post by Watermelon »

pies with png texture info worked fine for me in pieslicer,though it doesnt support png texture,so you have to convert png to pcx to view textured pie,and change the texture filename info back to png with text editor after model changes.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

Tried that (i have already BMP texture files) : Don't work :

1/20/07 - 5:53:54 PM

Errors encountered while loading file:
C:\Mes documents\Warzone\PieSlicer_DX_v082_Full\drmbod05.pie

Error returned: F2000500

For technical support, please contact Stratadrake of the Pumpkin-2 (aka 'TWZ') group:
TWZ Forums: http://www.realtimestrategies.net/forums/
TWZ IRC:  irc.gamesurce.net #Pumpkin-2
Strata's e-mail:  [email protected]

D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

Ok, found : The linux files are encoded unix-type. Windows softs as PieSlicer can't read this format.  ;D
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

Grr. Dosnloaded the windows version. Even her have all her files un-readable by PieSlicer or even Notepad : All the "cariage return" character are replaced by a black box. Need to replace all the character before using it. Realy boring.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

D.Durand wrote: Grr. Dosnloaded the windows version. Even her have all her files un-readable by PieSlicer or even Notepad : All the "cariage return" character are replaced by a black box. Need to replace all the character before using it. Realy boring.
too bad most windows users don't really know how to use and leverage their comps in the "i am your master" sense... send me all the pie files you want converted to windows-style linebreaks (my email is listed) in anything but rar format, and i can do all of them in about 15 seconds, though i'll have to make sure it doesn't push the files back as unicode, which i think aren't supported by notepad, pieslicer, or warzone. also, doing it by hand is *really* prone to nasty errors.
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

'Kay, thank.

But can't you just explain me how to do ? There is a lot a files (pies + stats). I don't want to bother, and i like to understand (fifteen years ago, i think used dos macro and before that basic, but i a little old now  :-[ )
Last edited by D.Durand on 21 Jan 2007, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

I use dos2unix (or unix2dos) for such stuff. I am not sure if that tools is also available for Windows, though.
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

In fact, my major problem it's i'm actually an unix (Linux debian mepis) user. Since two/three years (before that windows, and before that real good personal computers, infidel !). But i can't make PieSlicer work on Linux, even with Wine.

Ok, i have Tofromdos already on my machine.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

okay. not tested, but since you have a linux install available, it probably has sed, and quite possibly has find already installed.

to windows:

Code: Select all

sed -i "s/$/\r/" $(find -name "*.pie")
back to linux:

Code: Select all

sed -i "s/\r//g" $(find -name "*.pie")
in both of these cases, you should cd to the base mod directory. also note that this is extremely not binary safe, so only use it with plain-text files like pie files.

oh, and the above does assume you have bash. if you don't have bash, let me know and i'll write you up something using xargs, which generally comes with find.

EDIT: i just read the last line about you having conversion utilities, so you can ignore the above.