.wdg to .wz?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
erc12
New user

.wdg to .wz?

Post by erc12 »

hello all.

I've installed the newest version 2.0.5rc_1, and a few maps that i downloaded for the retail version and was wondering, how do i get them to work with the new version?  I placed them in the main directory just like in the retail version, but they don't show up on the menu.

Any help would be most appreciated!
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: .wdg to .wz?

Post by DevUrandom »

There was a converter script (for the bash, I think), but I don't have that. I fear that it got lost...
And actually 2.0.5_rc1 is old... Newest is 2.0.5 (without the "rc", which stands for "release candidate", meaning that this is not the final, polished release version).
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

are you sure it would've been for bash? you'd probably have to depend on wine in that case, or something equivalent, since wdg tools were only ever on windows, iirc. certainly there could be an msdos batch file for this (that's actually the primary method we used to package our mods back in the dark ages).
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

erc12 wrote: maps work great, thanks a lot!
Seems as if this got lost into the recycle-bin somehow...