Windows 7

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
amacieli
New user

Windows 7

Post by amacieli »

So I tried running the latest stable build of WZ on Windows 7 RC1 (7100). Let's just say that it was a less-than-satisfactory experience. Actually, it barely works at all. Very slow to get to the main menu, with no indication that something's happning in the mean time. I tried switching to XP compatibility mode, which helped a little, but there were no ground textures to speak of (it all just looked like shadows). Not sure if this is OpenAL that's the problem or what. Anyone have any ideas? [skill level = can build from source and make small mods] :(
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Re: Windows 7

Post by Kamaze »

Sounds like it felt back to software OpenGL.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Install drivers. It works fine for me in Windows 7, with Nvidia's Windows 7 drivers.
darksoul
New user

Post by darksoul »

Zarel wrote:Install drivers. It works fine for me in Windows 7, with Nvidia's Windows 7 drivers.
same for me, i tried wz 2.2beta2 and it works fine on my notebook!
Infidelus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Infidelus »

Seems fine here on RC1. No compatibility mode needed. Took ~10 - 15 secs the first time to start, but after that it loaded my current savegame and continued without issue from the quick test I did.

Make sure you update your drivers as already mentioned.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Infidelus wrote:Seems fine here on RC1. No compatibility mode needed. Took ~10 - 15 secs the first time to start, but after that it loaded my current savegame and continued without issue from the quick test I did.

Make sure you update your drivers as already mentioned.
Wait, was this 2.2 beta 2?

I believe the "takes a long time to start the first time" bug was fixed in 2.2 beta 2. If it wasn't, please tell us.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

Zarel wrote:Wait, was this 2.2 beta 2?

I believe the "takes a long time to start the first time" bug was fixed in 2.2 beta 2. If it wasn't, please tell us.
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/84#comment:21
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
amacieli
New user

Post by amacieli »

Guys. We gave birth to twins the other week. It's stressful at work. The house is in pieces being completely remodeled. Babies are screaming. Not enough money in the bank account. Yes, once the nVidia drivers were loaded, everything *EVERYTHING* works perfectly. Sorry to waste your time, but thank you very much!... just stressed!!! Need ma' warzone...
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

amacieli wrote:Guys. We gave birth to twins the other week. It's stressful at work. The house is in pieces being completely remodeled. Babies are screaming. Not enough money in the bank account. Yes, once the nVidia drivers were loaded, everything *EVERYTHING* works perfectly. Sorry to waste your time, but thank you very much!... just stressed!!! Need ma' warzone...
:) Glad to help.
Infidelus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Infidelus »

Zarel wrote:Wait, was this 2.2 beta 2?

No, I'm using 2.13 stable release.
Kaldera
Trained
Trained

Post by Kaldera »

2.2beta2 is running fine for me on Windows RC x64(build 7100)
NVidia driver 185.81
Language: German
Screen solution: 1280x1024
No compatibility mode needed.

Maybe you should install as admin? Since i have it portable on USB-stick i didn't install in Windows 7.
Windows 7 RC / Athlon 64 X2 / NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
peppolo
New user

Post by peppolo »

i have windows 7 too and i have another problem. Before launching setup (after double-klick), it gives me NSIS error. I tried compatibility mode XP SP2/3, but still don't work.

BTW: WARZONE 2100 is the best strategy game ever made !!! THANX for RESURRECTING !!!
Kaldera
Trained
Trained

Post by Kaldera »

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Why_do_I_get_NSIS_Error

Try downloading with another browser and not FireFox !
Windows 7 RC / Athlon 64 X2 / NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

peppolo wrote:i have windows 7 too and i have another problem. Before launching setup (after double-klick), it gives me NSIS error. I tried compatibility mode XP SP2/3, but still don't work.

BTW: WARZONE 2100 is the best strategy game ever made !!! THANX for RESURRECTING !!!
You have a bad [corrupt] download. Redownload it - that should fix it.