Post by Mr. Pig »

Yeah that's what I figured.

http://wz2100.net/wiki/multiplayer

Correct all my mistakes.
l_0rd Mach3ll0
Greenhorn

Re: Help with multiplayer

Post by l_0rd Mach3ll0 »

Would you like t3h l33t l_0rd Mach3ll0 grammar and spelling Nazi to correct all of your mistakes? ;D

If so, HOW? LOL :o
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

No Nazi's here... ;)
(Sorry, I'm a bit allergical to the lazy use of that word...)
Mr. Pig
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Pig »

You need to login to the Wiki with your forum account.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Sorry forgot to tell you that. :(
l_0rd Mach3ll0
Greenhorn

Post by l_0rd Mach3ll0 »

DevUrandom wrote: Sorry forgot to tell you that. :(
no problem :P

correcting it now... here's some questions/comments:

1. "Not all communications are routed through the host; however, it is still used as a main point for normalization."
What do you mean normalization?
2. I've never had anyone forward port 9998 to get warzone working.. where did this come from? Is it actually used?
3. Don't clients also have to have port 9999 forwarded because they talk with each other directly?
4. Under "Joining a Game", there should be a detailed explanation of what you can do (set flag color, slot # and how it affects placement on the map, chatting, etc.).
Mr. Pig
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Pig »

l_0rd Mach3ll0 wrote: no problem :P

correcting it now... here's some questions/comments:

1. "Not all communications are routed through the host; however, it is still used as a main point for normalization."
What do you mean normalization?
2. I've never had anyone forward port 9998 to get warzone working.. where did this come from? Is it actually used?
3. Don't clients also have to have port 9999 forwarded because they talk with each other directly?
4. Under "Joining a Game", there should be a detailed explanation of what you can do (set flag color, slot # and how it affects placement on the map, chatting, etc.).
1. I assumed I used the word correctly. The host would decide what info would need to be transfered to each client and have the clients transfer it accordingly. (So the smallest amount of data to keep the game in sync would be transfered - therefore the host would be normalizing the data?)
2. 9998 - I'm not sure about it, I think it was used for the Master Server - I assumed when you join the IP you request the list of games running on that IP via port 9998.
3. No. The host initializes the connections for all the clients therefore they do not need to listen on those ports and they do not need them forwarded.
4. Have fun.