Warzone2100 crashes on Vista

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Foxzone91
Greenhorn

Warzone2100 crashes on Vista

Post by Foxzone91 »

Hey, I just downloaded the game and instaled it on a Windows Vista Home Premium but when I start the game (with admin rights) the screen goes black then return to the desktop saying that "warzone 2100 crashed would u like to save a diagnostic file?"... If I dont run on admin rights the game wont run at all and yes, I have tried the compat mode with windows XP
My pc specs are: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40 GHZ
2gb Ram
Asus EAH2600XT 256mb graphics card

Does someone know or have this problem???? O_o

Edit: BTW I installed the original game and it works just fine, so what the problem with your version???
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Warzone2100 crashes on Vista

Post by Buginator »

Foxzone91 wrote:Hey, I just downloaded the game and instaled it on a Windows Vista Home Premium but when I start the game (with admin rights) the screen goes black then return to the desktop saying that "warzone 2100 crashed would u like to save a diagnostic file?"... If I dont run on admin rights the game wont run at all and yes, I have tried the compat mode with windows XP
My pc specs are: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40 GHZ
2gb Ram
Asus EAH2600XT 256mb graphics card

Does someone know or have this problem???? O_o

Edit: BTW I installed the original game and it works just fine, so what the problem with your version???
Just which version did you try?
Get 2.1 beta 4, and give that a shot.
You should also have 1 or 2 files (stdout.txt & stderr.txt) in your warzone directory, it would help if you attach those.
rakaran
New user

Post by rakaran »

it happens to me also but in my case its the start of campaign 2: assist team beta. i have vista home basic sp1. oh i played the game in debug mode...cheats, i wonder if thats the reason or is it vista.
Phoenix666
Trained
Trained

Post by Phoenix666 »

1)Which language are you use in WZ?
2)do you use combatable-mode?
Foxzone91
Greenhorn

Post by Foxzone91 »

Phoenix666 wrote:1)Which language are you use in WZ?
2)do you use combatable-mode?
1) English... the standard... (altought im portuguese XD)
2) Combatable-mode? WT* is that?

I havent tried the new release, but ill try it right away...
Im still playing WZ in my playstation XD
Ravin
Trained
Trained

Post by Ravin »

Im running on Vista 16 bit when i try to play, it works just fine for me. Only problem i have is attempting to make a game noone can connect to me but i can connect to them.

Try running it in compatibility mode or "Run as Admin" Also, i am using build 2.1.1 and its works fine, even with the --resolution and the --cheats when im bored.

Also note i have not patched my Vista I dont believe in patching it until the first service pack comes out with a lot of hot fixes.
Sandeu
New user

Post by Sandeu »

Running Vista 64, have the game installed in C:\Program Files (x86). The game completely locks the computer up, had to reboot into safe mode and uninstall the game and delet the folder before the computer would even reboot!

I've tried installing in compatibility mode as administrator etc. but same problem (that includes running the game in compatibility mode as well).

Oh the game did run on a earlier version, except when I had no internet then the game would crash, with some error about music download...wtf.
Ravin
Trained
Trained

Post by Ravin »

Im aware of a lot of issues with Vista 64.
I have NO knowledge of even where to begin with how you would attempt to get a 1999 game to run on Vista 64... LOL

Good luck with that.
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

i'm also using vista64-ultimate and installing/playing warzone-nightlys all the time without any errors.

when installing warzone you have to look for the music-thing. there is a music package the installer wants to download from mthe internet.
if there is not any internet connection it can not download anything right ? ;)

additionally i don't have any problems running the game
Sandeu
New user

Post by Sandeu »

Ha Resolved the issue. I uninstalled it. Found my Original Warzone 2100 installed that patched to 1.10 and it works just fine on Vista64, no issues at all. Weird as the WZ2100 Resurrection version (an older one can't remember it now) worked fine.
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

so now you're playing "WarZone 2100 Original v1.10" ??