Cannot quit???

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Ree
New user

Cannot quit???

Post by Ree »

Hello,

I've just gave a go to this old game (remember playing it on Windows back then). Everything seems to work fine, but I couldn't quit the game after finishing the tutorial mission (ESC doesn't pop up the game menu). The game didn't respond to any keyboard keys (it didn't crash, I could still continue the tutorial), had to Ctrl+Alt+SysRq+B to reboot. :-S

Any idea where the problem could be?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Cannot quit???

Post by Buginator »

Ree wrote:Hello,

I've just gave a go to this old game (remember playing it on Windows back then). Everything seems to work fine, but I couldn't quit the game after finishing the tutorial mission (ESC doesn't pop up the game menu). The game didn't respond to any keyboard keys (it didn't crash, I could still continue the tutorial), had to Ctrl+Alt+SysRq+B to reboot. :-S

What revision of the game was this?
What OS?
Ree
New user

Post by Ree »

The version is 2.1.0 and the OS is Ubuntu.
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

Ree wrote:The version is 2.1.0 and the OS is Ubuntu.
This cannot be true, at least not for the versions by the WRP. Version 2.1.0 has not been released yet. Current version is 2.1 Beta 2, next version will be 2.1 Beta 3. Perhaps you meant 2.0.10?
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

It is, Debian also has somewhere our SVN version in their repository.

-> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/warzone2100
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

But this, too, is not 2.1.0, it's some more or less randomly taken trunk-version labelled 2.1.0. And I actually added "This cannot be true, at least not for the versions by the WRP." and perhaps I should have added a "released" also to clarify this.

Back to topic: In this case it's more important to know the revision (I guess it's r3595), although those are quite outdated, if taken from the Ubuntu repositories (r3595, current trunk is at 5225).
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

Why would anybody want to stop playing wz ? :P
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Ree wrote:Hello,

Reset your Keymap (Options/Key Mappings/Select default), maybe it fix this...

:)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

I tend to agree with Kreuvf, unless Ree compiled it him/herself, then the issue is most likely the stale version in the ubuntu repo.
jaywalker_eidos
Trained
Trained

Post by jaywalker_eidos »

I noticed WZ was listed in Ubuntu's repositories. I thought was so cool to see it there :) Do they just update it themselves or did someone have to request it be added etc
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

jaywalker_eidos wrote:I noticed WZ was listed in Ubuntu's repositories. I thought was so cool to see it there :) Do they just update it themselves or did someone have to request it be added etc
Ubuntu normally fetch it from Debian (the distribution which Ubuntu is based off of). When they do this is still something of a mystery, I remember a while back that they were shipping a dodgy nightly build that was broken to the point where it was unable to load its own save games. This remained the case for several months.

Nowadays the situation is a bit better, with Ubuntu shipping with a workable version.

Regards, Freddie.
jaywalker_eidos
Trained
Trained

Post by jaywalker_eidos »

EvilGuru wrote:
jaywalker_eidos wrote:I noticed WZ was listed in Ubuntu's repositories. I thought was so cool to see it there :) Do they just update it themselves or did someone have to request it be added etc
Ubuntu normally fetch it from Debian (the distribution which Ubuntu is based off of). When they do this is still something of a mystery, I remember a while back that they were shipping a dodgy nightly build that was broken to the point where it was unable to load its own save games. This remained the case for several months.

Nowadays the situation is a bit better, with Ubuntu shipping with a workable version.

Regards, Freddie.
Cool.. hopefully it gets updated with the next official release :)
skellr
Trained
Trained

Post by skellr »

Ree wrote:...had to Ctrl+Alt+SysRq+B to reboot.
That is really eeeevil. :gonk: You might want to try
raising elephants instead.

I remember this one and I don't think Ctrl+Alt+Backspace would kill X. Glad it's fixed now.