Help with compiling original source code

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Light Teridax
New user

Help with compiling original source code

Post by Light Teridax »

Hello all who read this,

I don't know if anyone here can help me with this but I recently returned to play WZ again (forgot my old fourm username password and email so I made this new one recently) after about five years of not playing it on the PC, and after playing it for a few months, I decided that I wanted to try again to get the original 1.10 version of the source code to compile. In the past I have tried a few times to get it to compile but have met with little success.

What exactly do I need to have to get the original source code to compile correctly? I tried searching online for information on this but was unable to find much.

I have access to a genuine Windows XP desktop machine from 2003, the original source code, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, and I believe Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 as well. I do also have Glide3 files and several other older DirectX files from an old USB drive from 2011 when I first tried to get this to work, but unfortunately, I had some computer and RL issues that came up which prevented me from getting it to compile back then. What else do I need in order to get it to compile?

Thanks.
moltengear
Trained
Trained

Re: Help with compiling original source code

Post by moltengear »

https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/tree/v1.10a
https://www.indiedb.com/games/warzone-2 ... ource-code

Oh, old DirectX is used there. This is not even DirectX 9 or 8.
If you can convert to DirectX 9, it will be very cool!
I can partially help. It would be nice if someone else would have joined this venture.
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

Light Teridax wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 02:48 Hello all who read this,

I don't know if anyone here can help me with this but I recently returned to play WZ again (forgot my old fourm username password and email so I made this new one recently) after about five years of not playing it on the PC, and after playing it for a few months, I decided that I wanted to try again to get the original 1.10 version of the source code to compile. In the past I have tried a few times to get it to compile but have met with little success.

What exactly do I need to have to get the original source code to compile correctly? I tried searching online for information on this but was unable to find much.

I have access to a genuine Windows XP desktop machine from 2003, the original source code, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, and I believe Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 as well. I do also have Glide3 files and several other older DirectX files from an old USB drive from 2011 when I first tried to get this to work, but unfortunately, I had some computer and RL issues that came up which prevented me from getting it to compile back then. What else do I need in order to get it to compile?

Thanks.
The old source code requires i believe either DirectX 6 or 5.
Also try the files.warzone2100.de
Berg mentioned something about this website earlier will do a post search.
Edit: I know i found that post somewhere but now i can't find it anywhere.
Anyways some websites have the warzone2100 sourcecode rar file you can find.
It's "Warzone2100.rar".
(Highly Recommended) Find it on indiedb website they have it there in the Warzone 2100 section if the files.warzone2100.de doesn't have it.
Light Teridax
New user

Post by Light Teridax »

Thank you both, I discovered many of the files I needed on an old hard drive and on some websites (including Direct X 7 SDK) and http://falconfly.3dfx.pl/reference.htm (for old 3DFX files).

What program would be best to use to get it to compile now I have the Direct X 7 SDK files and the 3DFX Glide files...I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition, and I can buy the full version of that if it will work, but I don't want to buy it if it won't work.

Edit - I read at viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8616 and viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7269&p=75937#p75937 that forum member Chojun was working on a new version of the source code based on the original 1.10 release. Did Chojun ever finish this project or release it in any form? Thanks. :)