Strange error causes desyncs and drops

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
wkkmaster
New user

Strange error causes desyncs and drops

Post by wkkmaster »

Hello, I've recently downloaded warzone yet again (3.2.3 and 3.1.5 versions), to play some multiplayer with friend/s. The main problem is, that even tho I'm able to host the games they can join (through vlan programs, like Evolv3 and Tunngle), I get this error:
"[recvMessage:886] Didn't handle (UNUSED) message!"
Several times a game, and it seems completely random which one stops the match (it happened after the first, second one the first minute, and once after 40 minutes of gameplay). They seem to appear at random, can't find a specific way to reproduce it. Anybody has any idea what that could be? I remember it not being a problem in earlier builds (from 2-3 years ago).
Thanks in advance ^^.
Attachments
Logs.zip
Tell me if I forgot some logs.
(2.47 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Strange error causes desyncs and drops

Post by Berg »

Maybe your machines can't keep pace or maybe you connection is slow.
There are many things that can cause de-sync as for your issue check that your drivers are up to date [graphics] and that your connection speeds are adequate
wkkmaster
New user

Re: Strange error causes desyncs and drops

Post by wkkmaster »

Well, I can confirm drivers are fully updated, and my internet connection is (surprisingly) above average (20mbps download 80mbps upload, usually manages to keep it up, esspecialy at the times when we play). I have no idea what (UNUSED) message is about, but still manages to be a problem. I have deduced however that it's on my end, since recently friend hosted the game, we played with no problems, but it got desync locked again, I got the message, the friend (host) however, did not. Any ideas?