Multiplayer?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Shinobi
New user

Multiplayer?

Post by Shinobi »

Heylo, I would just like to start by saying thank you for resurrecting this game! I've had several urges to play it and indeed, I still have the orginal game disk from when I was like 11 years old but alas it doesn't work on XP very well. =(

Anyways, I'm just asking if the multiplayer works because my friend and I would very much like to play together. I've typed his IP into the multiplayer bit and vice versa but so far we've had no luck.

Just wondering if anyone's got any info to help :D

Cheers =)
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Multiplayer?

Post by Watermelon »

Shinobi wrote: Heylo, I would just like to start by saying thank you for resurrecting this game! I've had several urges to play it and indeed, I still have the orginal game disk from when I was like 11 years old but alas it doesn't work on XP very well. =(

Anyways, I'm just asking if the multiplayer works because my friend and I would very much like to play together. I've typed his IP into the multiplayer bit and vice versa but so far we've had no luck.

Just wondering if anyone's got any info to help :D

Cheers =)
2.0.5 rc1 multiplayer worked fine for me on lan,though I entered the 'computer name' in 'connect menu' instead of ip address.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Shinobi
New user

Post by Shinobi »

Ah, well I'm trying to play over the net, not over LAN. So does it only work on LAN?
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

It works over lan and over internet.
First one PC need to setup the game (choosing map and so on) and then open the game.
i have attached the picture of an opend game which is ready for joining of the players.
Notice the 'ok' Button,

now the other player needs to enter the ip address and then he should be able to join.

--Ano
Attachments
thrt.jpg
Shinobi
New user

Post by Shinobi »

Well we had the Ok buttons I think. And the IP addresses too. Might be a problem with firewalls or something. I'll try again tonight thanks.

Oh, and could someone tell me the key to ally with some please? =P
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

First of all you have to enable alliances before starting the game. In the game you have to press 'Enter' on the numerical pad. A menu will show up where you can create and break alliances.
?topic=1617.0
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

You port TCP9999 open on both ends...
Speeder
Trained
Trained

Post by Speeder »

Shinobi, if you want to play you must know, that i and my clan allways redy to play withe ather peoples ;)
contact withe me if you want...