savegame corrupted - Ubuntu 16.04

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
arnoWil
New user

savegame corrupted - Ubuntu 16.04

Post by arnoWil »

Hi community !

I'm playing warzone 3.1.1 on ubuntu 16.04 and it's the second time one of my savegame seems to get corrupted (skirmish game).

If I launch a new skirmish, everything is ok for quite a long time, and after an hour or two of playing, strange things starts : when I load the savegame, I get a strange sound, but everything seems ok (nothing is written in the log file). Then, the game crash each time I try to select the VOLT factory or each time I try to create a new droid design ! I attached a dump file to this post.

If I keep on playing (just not using VOLT or new droid) every thing seems ok until I try to save. Warzone then freeze and the RAM used increase until it take all of it and I have to kill warzone process to use my laptop again...

I attached one such savegame (with the map used). I have absolutely no idea why all this happen. If someone could give me any hint, it would be great ! It's the second time it happened to me, and I'd like to know how to be sure it don't happen any more before starting another 2H game that I won't be able to finish (It's quite frustrating...)

ArnoWil
Attachments
CrashDump1.txt
(20.84 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
saveCorrupted.zip
(6.73 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: savegame corrupted - Ubuntu 16.04

Post by vexed »

3.1.1 is unsupported.
I suggest you use at the very least, 3.1.5 instead.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
arnoWil
New user

Post by arnoWil »

Ok, I didn't knew. I'll install the last version.

The 3.1.1 is the version available by default in the ubuntu software manager. I guess you may have a lot of player on this version without knowing it's unsupported.

Is there any way to convert the savegames from one version to the other ?

Thanks !
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

I think those savegames should still work, but, if the savegame is corrupted, there is no fixing that.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.