No mods folder?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
c++noob
New user

No mods folder?

Post by c++noob »

I just installed two mods, I go to my config folder, and there is no mods folder. Am I supposed to make one somehow? I can use a screenshot because XCF files aren't allowed, and I don't want to install a screenshotting software. I'm using Linux 16.04 with version 3.2.1

:stare: :...:
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: No mods folder?

Post by Cyp »

Yes, you have to create one.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

In your .warzone2100-3.2 folder create a mods folder with global, campaign and multiplay folders inside.
these are the commands for starting mods and I assume the folder names inside the mods folder.
--mod=mod Enable a global mod
--mod_ca=mod Enable a campaign only mod
--mod_mp=mod Enable a multiplay only mod
Last edited by Berg on 27 Sep 2016, 22:30, edited 2 times in total.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Also on a sidenote: GIMP can export images in any format, not just xcf. In fact, xcf is not meant to be a viewable format, but rather the project file, the "source", if you wish, from which the actual images are exported ("compiled").
To make this distinction clearer, GIMP has recently moved all the viewable image formats to the "export"-function, while "save" only gives you the xcf file.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
c++noob
New user

Post by c++noob »

Berg wrote:In your .warzone2100-3.2 folder create a mods folder with global, campaign and multiplay folders inside.
these are the commands for starting mods and I assume the folder names inside the mods folder.
Where do I enter these commands? The terminal, or is there some option in the game?
Sorry, I kinda suck with computers.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

c++noob wrote:Where do I enter these commands? The terminal, or is there some option in the game?
These are the terminal commands for running mods from a particular the folder names are there also.

its just an example of what folders and commands are used.

for example terminal in the warzone top folder "./src/warzone2100 mod=<modname.wz>" will start a game using what ever mod you choose from the global folder
c++noob
New user

Post by c++noob »

Berg wrote:
c++noob wrote:Where do I enter these commands? The terminal, or is there some option in the game?
These are the terminal commands for running mods from a particular the folder names are there also.

its just an example of what folders and commands are used.

for example terminal in the warzone top folder "./src/warzone2100 mod=<modname.wz>" will start a game using what ever mod you choose from the global folder
Is there a way to do multiple?
xShadow421x
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xShadow421x »

Greetings,
c++noob wrote:Is there a way to do multiple?
In terms of one instance of the game running, I don't think so, but I assume you could probably have individual shortcuts to the Warzone app that target each directory (Sorry, I'm not completely familiar with Linux).
Either way, if your ultimate goal here is to use the mod/s for both campaign and skirmish/multiplayer simultaneously, you would just use the global folder (*applies mods to everything) and then target that directory exclusively as explained before.
Just be aware that you can't play online unless the person/people you play with have identical mods installed when you do this.
ImageImageImageImage
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

xShadow421x wrote:Greetings,
c++noob wrote:Is there a way to do multiple?
In terms of one instance of the game running, I don't think so, but I assume you could probably have individual shortcuts to the Warzone app that target each directory (Sorry, I'm not completely familiar with Linux).
Either way, if your ultimate goal here is to use the mod/s for both campaign and skirmish/multiplayer simultaneously, you would just use the global folder (*applies mods to everything) and then target that directory exclusively as explained before.
Just be aware that you can't play online unless the person/people you play with have identical mods installed when you do this.
YES, you can run multiple instances of the game, I did it just for fun, trying to play against myself...
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

c++noob wrote:
Berg wrote:In your .warzone2100-3.2 folder create a mods folder with global, campaign and multiplay folders inside.
Where do I enter these commands? The terminal, or is there some option in the game?

In LINUX, after you install Warzone2100, the first time you run it, the game creates a HIDDEN FOLDER, named:
.warzone2100-3.1 or .warzone2100-3.2, depending on which version of the game you are running...
Like if you have version 3.1.X, or 3.2.X installed.... (where the X can be 1 through 5 for v3.1 and 1 or 2 for v3.2)
The hidden folder is created in your HOME (user) directory.
To see hidden folders in Linux, open your HOME (user) folder and press CTRL + H on your keyboard. This will toggle view hidden folders ON and OFF with each CTRL + H key combination pressed....
Open the hidden .warzone2100-3.1 or .warzone2100-3.2 folder and create a subdirectory (a new folder) named "mods" - all lower case characters. Open the newly created "mods" and create 4 more folders inside it, named autoload, global, campaign and multiplay
You wil then copy/paste your mod in the desired folder, example: multiplay, for a multiplay mod, campaign for a campaign mod, etc.
Now open a Terminal and run one of the following commands to launch your mod:

Code: Select all

warzone2100 --mod_ca=<NAME-OF-CAMPAIGN-MOD>

warzone2100 --mod_mp=<NAME-OF-MULTIPLAY-MOD>

warzone2100 --mod=<NAME-OF-GLOBAL-MOD>
You can create menu entries (Fast Launchers), or add those launchers to the desktop, but I won't get into that here.
PM me if you have questions or need further assistance.

I'm using Linux Mint MATE, various versions or several computers, both from the Mint 17 and Mint 18 series.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
William
Trained
Trained

Post by William »

c++noob wrote:
first I may ask what is your username for linux?
If your user name is this
Josh
goto /home/josh/.warzone2100-3.2
If your using ubuntu 17.04 if it's 16.10 then goto /home/josh/.warzone2100-3.1
if you have an oem user goto /home/oem/.warzone2100-3.1 or /home/oem/.warzone2100-3.2
check and see if you have a mods folder in that directory
if not hit new folder type into it mods then hit enter
it does not automatically create these folders
campaign
multiplay
global
autoload
you have to manually create them your self using new folder
You can't use these commands until you manually make these folders above
and Doruletz beat me to it
Doruletz wrote:
c++noob wrote:

In LINUX, after you install Warzone2100, the first time you run it, the game creates a HIDDEN FOLDER, named:
.warzone2100-3.1 or .warzone2100-3.2, depending on which version of the game you are running...
Like if you have version 3.1.X, or 3.2.X installed.... (where the X can be 1 through 5 for v3.1 and 1 or 2 for v3.2)
The hidden folder is created in your HOME (user) directory.
To see hidden folders in Linux, open your HOME (user) folder and press CTRL + H on your keyboard. This will toggle view hidden folders ON and OFF with each CTRL + H key combination pressed....
Open the hidden .warzone2100-3.1 or .warzone2100-3.2 folder and create a subdirectory (a new folder) named "mods" - all lower case characters. Open the newly created "mods" and create 4 more folders inside it, named autoload, global, campaign and multiplay
You wil then copy/paste your mod in the desired folder, example: multiplay, for a multiplay mod, campaign for a campaign mod, etc.
Now open a Terminal and run one of the following commands to launch your mod:

warzone2100 --mod_ca=<NAME-OF-CAMPAIGN-MOD>

warzone2100 --mod_mp=<NAME-OF-MULTIPLAY-MOD>

warzone2100 --mod=<NAME-OF-GLOBAL-MOD>
You can create menu entries (Fast Launchers), or add those launchers to the desktop, but I won't get into that here.
PM me if you have questions or need further assistance.

I'm using Linux Mint MATE, various versions or several computers, both from the Mint 17 and Mint 18 series.