How to play Warzone 2120 ???

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

How to play Warzone 2120 ???

Post by Doruletz »

After a long search I was able to find a Warzone 2120 <.wz> mod file, that's 3.8 MB in size.
Opened with an archive manager it shows all the usual files are there.
When I put in </.warzone2100-3.1/mods/multiplay> and created a launcher for it, IT DOES NOT RUN...
Do I have a corrupted file, or what do I need to get / do to be able to play Warzone 2120???
There is a video on Youtube of some Pollack or Czech guy playing it, so it most work...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iX3lxus72c
Any help is appreciated, thanks
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Re: How to play Warzone 2120 ???

Post by Mastertad94 »

what operating system are you running and graphics card.
and are you using warzone version 2.3.9
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

OS: Linux Mint 17 and/or 18, both with the MATE Desktop and proprietary nVidia drivers installed, I just upgraded to nVidia v367.57 yesterday.
System Hardware Specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte model: Z97X-Gaming 7 v: x.x Bios: American Megatrends v: F6
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (Quad Core with Hyperthreading)
System Memory: 32GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X Series (4 x 8GB)
GPU: EVGA Superclocked GeForce GTX 960 with 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Dedicated Memory
Hard Drives: 2 x SSD Drives for system and user files, 120GB SSD for Linux System Files and 1TB SSD for HOME FOLDER (User Files)
I have whatever version of WZ2100 comes in my Linux Software Manager Repositories, I believe it's v3.1.1-2

EDIT: With the OS and Hardware setup above, I get consistent 480 to 520 fps in both Campaign and Skirmish games.
Mastertad94 wrote:what operating system are you running and graphics card.
and are you using warzone version 2.3.9
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

If i could get a code writer in here to figure out what version that is that would be nice. i am using Windows 10. anyways it looks like you have everything correct, however the linux version looks like it would be a 3.1.1 when you need a 2.3.9 this is just a theory but try to get the 2.3.9 version of linux. (if it exists)
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

As far as I remember the Warzone 2120 project was very different and probably more related to the original version. :?
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Create a folder with the name >autoload< and place this folder in your main directory. NOT in users/documents. In this new folder (autoload) place the mod. Not in the mod-folder.
But i think it is not compatible with 3.2. Where is this mod? I can only find a dead link
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

@montetank:

Here are all the links I have:

Warzone 2120 Gameplay Youtube Videos (9 parts)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAphCzkE7o

Warzone 2120 WZ File Download Link (from the comment section in part 1 of the gameplay video):
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... ion=locate

Warzone 2120 "Official" Website:
http://trueblues.warzone2100.de/dev_wz2120mod.php

Warzone 2120 Forum Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5923&hilit=warzone+2120

NOTE:
And I just now realized, after "Mastertad94" mentioned it, that the guy posting the Warzone 2120 gameplay videos on YouTube is indeed using v2.3.9, it's hidden in the Youtube video title, but since the whole thing is in Polish, I did not see it at first...
"Warzone 2120 mod w wersji 2 3 9 CD 01" is the title of the Youtube video...
Can you, or anybody else, tell me how to use v2.3.9 in Linux Mint, since I already have Warzone 2100 Version: 3.1.1-2 installed
That is what came by default in my Linux Repository from Software Manager, and what I have installed now, see pic bellow:

Do I like download the 2.3.9 Linux installer and unzip its contents in /opt/warzone and create a launcher from there, or what do I need to do???

LAST MINUTE EDIT:
As ever since 2010 I don't use Window$ anymore for anything, I don't have a USERS/DOCUMENTS directory.
Under Linux, all the Warzone files are located in /home/<USER-NAME>/.warzone2100-3.1, where the the "." (DOT) in front of the Folder Name signifies a hidden directory, which can only be seen and accessed if "SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" is enabled in the file browser, or by toggling CTRL + H inside your HOME DIRECTORY.
When you first install Warzone2100, it also creates libraries and other entries in /usr/share/games and a few other places inside the Linux "/" (ROOT) directory system file tree (launchers, menu entries, saved games and settings, etc).
Both the BASE.WZ and MP.WZ files are stored in /usr/share/games/warzone2100

ONE LAST THING:
DO NOT SUGGEST USING ANY WINDOWS VERSION VIA "WINE" OR "PLAYONLINUX"
The very first thing I always do as soon as I install my Linux OS is to completely remove MICROSOFT MONO, including WINE and everything else created by the brilliant idiots at Micro$oft, and I also forever block all of that crap from ever again polluting my PC.
My "DIVORCE" from Mr. Gates and his minions is final, total and irreversible, so don't even bother...
montetank wrote:Create a folder with the name >autoload< and place this folder in your main directory. NOT in users/documents. In this new folder (autoload) place the mod. Not in the mod-folder.
But i think it is not compatible with 3.2. Where is this mod? I can only find a dead link
Last edited by Doruletz on 14 Nov 2016, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

@Mastertad94:

I just now realized, after you mentioned it, that the guy posting the Warzone 2120 gameplay videos on YouTube is indeed using v2.3.9, it's hidden in the Youtube video title, but since the whole thing is in Polish, I did not see it at first...
"Warzone 2120 mod w wersji 2 3 9 CD 01" is the title of the Youtube video...
Can you, or anybody else, tell me how to use v2.3.9 in Linux Mint, since I already have Warzone 2100 Version: 3.1.1-2 installed
That is what came by default in my Linux Repository from Software Manager, and what I have installed now, see pic bellow:

Do I like download the 2.3.9 Linux installer and unzip its contents in /opt/warzone and create a launcher from there, or what do I need to do???
Help me, please!

ONE LAST THING:
DO NOT SUGGEST USING ANY WINDOWS VERSION VIA "WINE" OR "PLAYONLINUX"
The very first thing I always do as soon as I install my Linux OS is to completely remove MICROSOFT MONO, including WINE and everything else created by the brilliant idiots at Micro$oft, and I also forever block all of that crap from ever again polluting my PC.
My "DIVORCE" from Mr. Gates and his minions is final, total and irreversible, so don't even bother...

Here are the Warzone 2120 links I have, also posted in my reply to "montetank" above:

Warzone 2120 Gameplay Youtube Videos (9 parts)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAphCzkE7o

Warzone 2120 WZ File Download Link (from the comment section in part 1 of the gameplay video):
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... ion=locate

Warzone 2120 "Official" Website:
http://trueblues.warzone2100.de/dev_wz2120mod.php

Warzone 2120 Forum Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5923&hilit=warzone+2120

Mastertad94 wrote:If i could get a code writer in here to figure out what version that is that would be nice. i am using Windows 10. anyways it looks like you have everything correct, however the linux version looks like it would be a 3.1.1 when you need a 2.3.9 this is just a theory but try to get the 2.3.9 version of linux. (if it exists)
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Re: How to play Warzone 2120 ??? [SOLVED]

Post by Doruletz »

Warzone 2120 now runs like a charm...
See details in my other thread, about Warzone2100 v2.3.9:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12621&p=135231#p135231
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

The links are dead or deleted. Except the one link from onedrive.live
But the wz.file seems to be corrupt or need a special app to open. Doesnt work.
This mod were full of errors. Why dont you try this mod by Rman virgil? Its really very funny and a great map design. It took me hours to win this challenge.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=11744
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

Glad you were able to get everything to work together ^u^
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

@montetank
All links are OK, 100% working, just tested now.
Also I managed to compile v2.3.9 and am already playing WZ2120.
Thanks for the input.
montetank wrote:The links are dead or deleted. Except the one link from onedrive.live
But the wz.file seems to be corrupt or need a special app to open. Doesnt work.
This mod were full of errors. Why dont you try this mod by Rman virgil? Its really very funny and a great map design. It took me hours to win this challenge.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=11744
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

This is where i shamelessly encourage you to give a try to NRS+ since you have the 2.3.9

Last download here : viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8179&p=129862&hilit=NRS#p129862

You will be happy to find the best elements of both 2120 and NTW in it along with the best balance achieved in warzone2100 so far. Also, the only tech tree with dissociated research ever. You can match any 3 research focus (speed, laser and armor) and have a balanced chance to win.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.