No option to disable shaders in 3.2.0 and 3.2.1?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
RootBeer78
New user

No option to disable shaders in 3.2.0 and 3.2.1?

Post by RootBeer78 »

The biggest change I noticed in the latest updates is that there is no option to disable shaders. Because of this, I can't start up the campaign. I can get to the main menu but I can't find the option. I even looked into the config file directly but it's not there.

Now in 3.1.5, I can start up just fine because I can disable shaders. So for now I have a fix but I do find it weird that an option like that was taken away.

I'm pretty sure you can guess that I have an Intel integrated chipset.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: No option to disable shaders in 3.2.0 and 3.2.1?

Post by Cyp »

I think the code paths to do with working around missing shader support have been removed.

Have you tried updating your Intel graphics drivers? Think anything that really doesn't support shaders has to be very old.
RootBeer78
New user

Intel can't do OpenGL so need to disable shaders

Post by RootBeer78 »

My cpu is an intel core i5 and my gpu is an integrated intel 4400 hd. I can run it but only by disabling shaders

There is a sticky on this subforum about the OpenGL crashing problem that intel and a few others seem to have on warzone 2100. It said to disable shaders incase that was the problem and in my case it was.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Weird, an Intel 4400 should support OpenGL 4, so should have no problem with shaders. Did you try updating your graphics driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ ?
RootBeer78
New user

Updated drivers produce no results

Post by RootBeer78 »

I wish updating the drivers would have fixed this problem like it mostly does but nothing this time.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

RootBeer78 wrote:The biggest change I noticed in the latest updates is that there is no option to disable shaders. Because of this, I can't start up the campaign. I can get to the main menu but I can't find the option. I even looked into the config file directly but it's not there.

Now in 3.1.5, I can start up just fine because I can disable shaders. So for now I have a fix but I do find it weird that an option like that was taken away.

I'm pretty sure you can guess that I have an Intel integrated chipset.
Being a 17 year old game, Warzone does not require a lot in terms of graphics hardware (compared to most modern games, anyways). It will probably even run on your kitchen stove... Heck, I even played it on a 10 inch Intel Atom NETbook...
I'm guessing it's either your OS or an improper or incomplete install of proprietary Intel Graphics Drivers, (or complete lack there of)...
I run Warzone 2100 on several Desktops and Laptops, some with no discrete graphics card, and it runs fine on all with shaders enabled. Even with the low-mid range laptop I get consistent 150+ fps and fluent game play, with no skips or stutter.
Ohh, and all with Intel, as I DON"T BUY OR USE ANYTHING FROM AMD, being strictly an Intel / nVidia guy.
One more thing, I don't do Window$, not since 2010 anyway...
Linux Mint is what I use.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
RootBeer78
New user

Might be windows 10

Post by RootBeer78 »

You know what? It might just be my OS. I had a windows 8 that got forced into windows 10. Most of my games worked fine before the update so you might have a point.

Edit: and yeah it should run on my laptop. Its a freaking beta max running on potatos but it should be able to run.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Seems relatively many are reporting crashes in 3.2…

Do any of you happen to be programmers? If so, would you please debug why it crashes? I can't really do much, since I can't reproduce the crash.
kammysmb
New user

Post by kammysmb »

I can give it a go on that one computer that I can reproduce that crash on (i5 HP computer).

No promises I can figure that out though cause I'm not very experienced with c++ at all :(
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Well, even a small hope is better than no hope… Thanks.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Re: Might be windows 10

Post by Doruletz »

RootBeer78 wrote:You know what? It might just be my OS. I had a windows 8 that got forced into windows 10. Most of my games worked fine before the update so you might have a point.

Edit: and yeah it should run on my laptop. Its a freaking beta max running on potatos but it should be able to run.
You mean you got tricked into "upgrading" - IF YOU CAN EVEN CALL THAT PIECE OF CRAP WINDOW$ 10 AN UPGRADE... lol :lol2:
They keep bugging you until you cave in and get their newest crap....
That's one of the many reasons why I LOVE LINUX!!! My computer only does what I want it and tell it to do.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
adamjimenez
New user

Post by adamjimenez »

My friend had the same issue. Running on some windows 10 laptop (Acer aspire E1-572).
We had to rollback to 3.1.5 and disable shaders, now it works.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Sorry-the picture is in german. I tried to play with my integrated Intel on my old Laptop. OS win 10. It works perfect. Go to your system settings for the display and click on "advanced". Click on the right tab. There you will find at the bottom " advanced properties". Change to "full power":
That works with my old Laptop.
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (44.8 KiB) Viewed 8721 times
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

Doruletz, I think your OS views may be a bit heavy. Linux also does what you don't want it to do. :)

Yeah Intel and Nvidia all over. AMD too many problems I have heard about.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

adamjimenez wrote:My friend had the same issue. Running on some windows 10 laptop (Acer aspire E1-572).
We had to rollback to 3.1.5 and disable shaders, now it works.
Did you try 3.2.2 yet?

If that also does not work, please try to upgrade your graphics drivers. (Yes, I know that rarely works on laptops, for some reason.)