Multiple problems, and can't progress

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Passerby
New user

Multiple problems, and can't progress

Post by Passerby »

Using the "stable" 3.2.0. It doesn't feel very stable. I wiped 3.1.5 (more on that later), cleaned up, installed 3.2.0. This is on W7 64-bit, game loads from SSD.
  • The game is too dark on my monitor. "gamma=" is ignored. There was a working a patch for this a long time ago. What happened to it? Note: I don't/can't compile the game myself.
  • Tried to start a Gamma campaign just for fun. Tough luck, the map was black, no units, no structures, nothing to do...
  • Started a new campaign. Lots of buzzing with "[callFunction:186] 1 : <global>() at -1".
  • On the "power surge detected" mission, I had to catch the fleeing radar truck in order for the game to let me continue, otherwise killing off everything would just let the game time out and I'd lose. Tried several times before realizing that the truck runs off the screen and probably never gets removed from the map by the game.
  • Progressed to the mission where you first get the artifact for command turret. Researched it during the same mission. Can't store the design. This was already reported, I believe, multiple times.
  • Desigs disappear from factories on saved game load. They are still there in the design view, but can't be built.
  • The mission ends and tries to load the next one. Loading stops and the game freezes. Three-finger salute. Can't go any further than that.
I would have stayed with 3.1.5, but switched because
  • designs disappear as mentioned before (hasn't any dev noticed in all these years?), and
  • I couldn't progress after the mission where NEXUS congratulated me for being the one to collect all artifacts and not the fools from other factions. One of the turrets turned into a transport. It would shoot at my VTOLS, but could not be destroyed. And I checked as best I could, there wasn't a turret under the transport, it was an actual transport, indestructible.
Any help on how to progress without cheats would be appreciated. Also, because the format has changed from ini to json, there's got to be a converter for the old saves. Please?
lofiii
New user

Re: Multiple problems, and can't progress

Post by lofiii »

Same...

Suddenly my 1600x900 videos are squished (regression??), commanders wont stay researched, establish forwarding base wont finish unless eradicating everything, sometimes not even then... strange messages like there was supposed to be a sequence... I don't have the logs.

I see most of these issues have been addressed but there is not a new build available, unfortunately the windows compilation guide is in a very poor state... files that are referenced no longer exist, x caught in z instructions unclear. :ninja: :cry:

I am thrilled to find one of my childhood favorites overhauled and still under development, appreciate ya, thanks for the thrills. :D
lofiii
New user

Re: Multiple problems, and can't progress

Post by lofiii »

Hey, I can't really delete or edit my first response since it's pending...

I've found the link to the files of the build bot, some of the fixes for the issues we are experiencing are in it: http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/ warzone2100-master-20160715-194355-7577839.exe or newer.

Very convenient, you can see the commits too and match it to the build.

That being said, there seems to have been a regression on the video resolution fix, I haven't experienced the gamma issue, but I have also had troubles with wandering radar bots and in some cases, the build a forwarding base ending fails, build stuff, killed stuff, checked entire map... really hit and miss there not sure, in addition to weird messages about sequences... for example, the stage prior to build your own forwarding base, a construction bot managed to cap a well that was way outside the mission zone. :ninja:

For sure there are fixes in that build, check the commits.