Erm, help...

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Judge_Mental
New user

Erm, help...

Post by Judge_Mental »

I played WZ for a couple of years back when it was first released... I haven't played in 12-13 years probably. I just found it recently and would love to start playing it again... sadly, I am an idiot when it comes to the technical side of computer gaming. I have the game loaded and have managed to start it a couple of times but it seems to lock up my screen (dual screens) every time I try and play.

I have an HP Spectre running Win10 and am clueless as to what else someone would need to know to help me out.

Help!
xShadow421x
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Erm, help...

Post by xShadow421x »

First, are you using the latest stable build (I believe it's 3.1.5 currently as of this post) or a previous build? If you're running an older version specify which one, but be aware that help for older versions may be limited if anything depending on the severity of the issue/s involved and whoever knows more about them.
Second, if there's any error logs associated with this, post that/them. I believe they are located in Documents > Warzone 2100 [version] > [version] > logs.

Now, it's really hard to say at this point so the more information the better; could you describe in further detail what happens? Can you see anything when it locks up (the game itself or black screen)? Does the game actually run and then this occurs while running/during play or does it happen immediately on launch? Are you able to ALT + Tab out of the game or CTRL + ALT + Delete at this point or does the whole computer freeze with it? You mentioned dual screens, so if the game ever ran successfully, did you happen to change any settings such as resolution or activate fullscreen?

Until there's more info I could only suggest if you have any mods to remove them for now and if the settings have been changed, possibly try deleting the config file so the game launches with default settings. You should see that file named "config" in the same directory I mentioned for the logs. I guess also ensure all necessary drivers are up to date as well and if you can, specify your system specs.
Is this your computer (and which one)? http://store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/Laptops/spectre-355003--1
Last edited by xShadow421x on 12 Jul 2016, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Xas331
New user

Post by Xas331 »

How to get the Warzone NTW-Mod(that Mod,in that u are the Scavenger) into Warzone3.1.5? :stare: :?:
xShadow421x
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xShadow421x »

Xas331 wrote:How to get the Warzone NTW-Mod(that Mod,in that u are the Scavenger) into Warzone3.1.5? :stare: :?:
Refer to http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/NewFAQ ... Iinstallit in the FAQ.
ImageImageImageImage
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

Judge_Mental wrote:I played WZ for a couple of years back when it was first released... I haven't played in 12-13 years probably. I just found it recently and would love to start playing it again... sadly, I am an idiot when it comes to the technical side of computer gaming. I have the game loaded and have managed to start it a couple of times but it seems to lock up my screen (dual screens) every time I try and play.

I have an HP Spectre running Win10 and am clueless as to what else someone would need to know to help me out.

Help!
If what the prior guy doesnt work try adjusting the game size so it isnt full screen. i know that having 2 screens can interfere with that, i have 2 screens. this may also fix any game resizing that may occur which can cause extra unneeded stress on your PC.
you should be able to change the configuration without having to run warzone by going to your documents on a Windows IOS and looking around on the "Warzone 2100 (version number)" if you havent changed the default folder.
look around in the folder with the warzone version number till you run into a file named "config" you can open it with notepad or notepad++
If you use Notepad++ Line 9 should have the full screen option.
Height and width above that indicate the window size of your game.

Only change one aspect at a time in the config and be sure to back up any files if you change them.