Warzone2100 hosting problems. ho boy this is new.

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Warzone2100 hosting problems. ho boy this is new.

Post by Mastertad94 »

Ok so i have been looking around on the forums for a while now and cant seem to find the solution to my problem and most of them usually end up getting dead dropped cuz of people getting stumped about it..
First: I run windows 10, and i was not having this problem until a week ago. I was able to host games with friends perfectly fine then it all just went kaput.

1.) the port 2100 is forwarded in my personal firewall i got to from network settings. i used the Advanced firewall settings for this. (yes it is TCP and not UDP or what ever that other one was XD)
2.) My Router is port Forwarded to 2100 i checked earlier to make sure, however i do not think that is the problem seeing how it was working about a week ago.
3.) my command prompt does show that it is listening to the port 2100 under my current IP address confirmed by Warzone2100 when giving me the error message.
4.) My UPnP is enabled in the configuration file for Warzone2100.
5.) I can join games in multiplayer.

Anyone have any clue what is going on or how any of the Windows Services may be involved in this? ive had to mess with a few of them here and there in order to prevent programs like hamatchi from running when i didnt want it to. (not uninstalling it because i still use it from time to time)

The same thing is like this for my friend too. his personal PC is port forwarded yet he cant seem to host either. he can join games though perfectly fine.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone2100 hosting problems. ho boy this is new.

Post by Berg »

If you have updated warzone lately or just reinstalled the same version you need to remove your exemption and add it again as windows gets confused.

Make sure your firewall exemption is correct it comes up the first time you install warzone it asks you if you allow this program to use the net.

If you say all else is right and it worked a week ago think back on what changes you made.

Thats all i can think of for now.

Best regards Berg
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Berg wrote:
Make sure your firewall exemption is correct it comes up the first time you install warzone it asks you if you allow this program to use the net.
I would say this.

Try setting the firewall rules based on the application, not ports. Rather than tinker with port rules, setup the rule such that it permits warzone.exe, not a specific port.
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

I did re-install it when it was not working ill try redoing the ports and the .exe see if that will work. my firewall doesnt seem to care about excluding games from itself..
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

Ive tried changing it to the .exe with no different results. i even tried resetting my IP adress to see if it will work with "netsh int ip reset" and restarted my PC afterwords, still no changes. i cant seem to figure out what is wrong here. i made sure all the ports for 2100 were disabled and any warzone game was not in my firewall before i added it back.
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

Welp upon looking into this further it doesn't seem like any port is forwarded. I tried a few ports and they don't seem to work
http://www.canyouseeme.org/
every time i get that either the connection timed out or the port just doesn't work. does this site work for anyone else maybe those who successfully have a port forwarded can test it?
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Mastertad94 wrote:Welp upon looking into this further it doesn't seem like any port is forwarded. I tried a few ports and they don't seem to work
http://www.canyouseeme.org/
every time i get that either the connection timed out or the port just doesn't work. does this site work for anyone else maybe those who successfully have a port forwarded can test it?

Try investigating this from your router's perspective instead of your operating system, although in theory if WZ was previously working and nothing changed on your router then that shouldn't be the problem.

To access your router, type the IP of your default gateway in your web browser's address bar. To get the default gateway IP, go to command prompt and type ipconfig /all

If your router is running DHCP then it's possible your computer may have received a different IP address when your PC tried to renew the DHCP lease. That would cause a problem because the ports would be forwarded to the previous IP you had.
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

So my External IP address for WAN being changed from restarting the router may be a problem here? seeing how every time you restart it the external IP address changes?
i mean my IPv4 is still the same as before and it all matches up with both Warzone and Command prompt.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Mastertad94 wrote:So my External IP address for WAN being changed from restarting the router may be a problem here? seeing how every time you restart it the external IP address changes?
i mean my IPv4 is still the same as before and it all matches up with both Warzone and Command prompt.
No, not your WAN IP, your LAN IP. This is likely not the problem but something to at least check. Your best bet is to designate your PC as the DMZ IP (check your router settings under port forwarding) to see if that resolves the problem. Setting your PC as the DMZ IP essentially disables any firewall functionality going to your PC which makes it vulnerable but you can temporarily set it to DMZ to see if that resolves the problem. If that resolves the problem you at least have narrowed down the problem.
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

While i work on that does anyone else have any suggestions? seriously im up for anything XD
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

me none, however that profile unicorn gif thing is really distracting. :)

have few:
Windows Services may be involved in this? ive had to mess with a few of them here and there in order to prevent programs like hamatchi from running when i didnt want it to - Shouldn't need to mess with this. Perhaps stop any processes you don't need running will help. Maybe.

Your problem from what I read is simple. Configure router to always assign the same IP address to the same system. As in DHCP Reservation from the availiable addresses to always use same for exact MAC address.
Can check if external IP changed with google "whatsmyip" between router reboots.

I'd be very careful the DMZ route... I think it is overkill to diagnose the situation but you can try it briefly. Don't leave it that way I mean if solved with it. Double check on the whole virus scan stuff.
Mastertad94
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mastertad94 »

Turns out unplugging and plugging the router back in fixed the problem... who would have known...