DHCP Reservation won't work for me on Warzone 2100

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
zigabite
New user

DHCP Reservation won't work for me on Warzone 2100

Post by zigabite »

So before I talk about DHCP reservation I tried using a static IP which worked for a few minutes before losing internet access (still ipv4 connected but no connection outside of local). Now as an alternative I have tried using the DHCP reservation feature and it did work somewhat. What I mean by that is that it did reserve the IP (after restarting computer) but when I used that IP for port forwarding I was greeted by a message ingame saying that it can't access the port (2100). I don't know why it's not working as this should be nearly the same result. Interestingly enough when I did use a static IP (while it was working for a few minutes) I tried the game and it didn't give me the port problem message. Unfortunately that doesn't solve it because I get disconnected 10 minutes later (varies). Does this have something to do with the renewal process on the router? I have no idea.

P.S. I tried portforward program (3rd party) and I got the same result as doing it manually of losing connection on a static ip after 10 minutes or so
Router DHCP Reservation
Router DHCP Reservation
DHCP Reservation.JPG (44.14 KiB) Viewed 3930 times
Router Port Forwarding
Router Port Forwarding
Port Forwarding.JPG (53.87 KiB) Viewed 3930 times
Anyways if anyone has any solutions please share!

My router is a Actiontec R1000H under ISP - Bell Aliant (Fibre Op)
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: DHCP Reservation won't work for me on Warzone 2100

Post by vexed »

If the router in question is losing lease on DHCP, then that is a firmware bug of the router.
The time should be ~8-24 hours depending on what they set it at.

If that router supports UPnP (and it is enabled), then, the game should open up the correct ports, if not, then, yeah, you have to enter it manually, and use the internal IP address of the host machine (usually, 192.168.xxx.xxx) then select port 2100, then TCP, and it should be good to go.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

One thing to note is that there is often a firewall running on the router AND on your computer. Something to check for.
zigabite
New user

Post by zigabite »

vexed wrote:If the router in question is losing lease on DHCP, then that is a firmware bug of the router.
The time should be ~8-24 hours depending on what they set it at.

If that router supports UPnP (and it is enabled), then, the game should open up the correct ports, if not, then, yeah, you have to enter it manually, and use the internal IP address of the host machine (usually, 192.168.xxx.xxx) then select port 2100, then TCP, and it should be good to go.
No DHCP works for reserving an IP for my machine, it just doesn't work for hosting with the ports (TCP to 2100 and 2100) as it give me that message ingame (about no 2100 ports detected) when I go to start a multiplayer game DESPITE having the machine ip port forwarded. It's when I use a static IP (Not DHCP) that it disconnects after about 10 minutes but it does work before I get disconnected for internet access (when those minutes have passed). I do have UPnP enabled and i've tried using it at several different places i've lived at the past years and it never automatically use the ports. I always port forward to the the host machine IP. Also I thought I heard something about UPnP being implemented to work with the game in the next update (3.1.3) but that version hasn't been released near the expected time.

I have hosted at a previous spot I lived at except it was a on a mac so I suspect it's the router this time causing me problems simply because it doesn't allow me to stay connected for a period of time on static IP's.
zigabite
New user

Post by zigabite »

stiv wrote:One thing to note is that there is often a firewall running on the router AND on your computer. Something to check for.
Yeah I think it's on the router side. Here are my firewall options, there may be something on here I need to change but i'm not sure
Router Firewall Options
Router Firewall Options