After reinstall, AI won't use VTOL units

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Moniker Pending
New user

After reinstall, AI won't use VTOL units

Post by Moniker Pending »

Hello,
Recently, I had to format my hard drive, though I ended up transferring most of the data to another hard drive so that I could try to recover whatever I could. This included the data for Warzone 2100, version 3.1.2. I also have installed the BP rebalance mod, which I have placed in the autoload folder.

After all of this, I have noticed that the AI on skirmish maps will not use VTOL units at all, whereas it used VTOL units prior to the formatting of my hard drive. Help?
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: After reinstall, AI won't use VTOL units

Post by Berg »

Its something you changed try to work out what you did that was different.
Only other thing is remove all mods and start over.
Moniker Pending
New user

Berg wrote:Its something you changed try to work out what you did that was different.
Only other thing is remove all mods and start over.
Tried it; problem still persists. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, then using none of the data saved from prior to the hard drive formatting; I still have yet to encounter an AI VTOL unit.

EDIT: In the time it took for this post to be approved, I typed up another post to indicate that the AI is now using VTOL units, but it begins to do so very late into the game, unlike before.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Hmm, that is determined by what you are making IIRC, you could also pick a version of Nullbot that is more your playing style.

Nothing in the configuration file would fubar what the AI makes, however, a mod might.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Moniker Pending
New user

vexed wrote:Hmm, that is determined by what you are making IIRC, you could also pick a version of Nullbot that is more your playing style.

Nothing in the configuration file would fubar what the AI makes, however, a mod might.
I don't use Nullbot. I tried it before, and I ended up getting bombarded with artillery from the other side of the map, even without any of that enemy's units (thus no radar) anywhere near what was being attacked.