No config file and I cannot change settings ingame

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
NeonTheCoder
New user

No config file and I cannot change settings ingame

Post by NeonTheCoder »

Hello I tried setting the resolution for the game to be different however after I restarted the game, it was the same. So I went to the config folder but there was no config file there. I installed mods before I first started the game, they are NullBot, Contingency, and Art Revolution mod.
Last edited by NeonTheCoder on 20 Jun 2015, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: No config file and I cannot change settings ingame

Post by stiv »

Some details would be nice. Like:

Version of WZ
what you did to set the resolution
the name of the config folder
NeonTheCoder
New user

Post by NeonTheCoder »

I went to settings, video settings, then right clicked the screen resolution size till it was the one I wanted, I quit the game and re opened it and bam nothing. my config folder is in Documents/Warzone 2100 3.1/config and there is no file in there for whatever reason, I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, and the version is 3.1 I guess I just clicked the download button on the main page.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

If you see other directories and files in there, a file called "config" should be there as well.
http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/FileLo ... nfigfolder
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
NeonTheCoder
New user

Post by NeonTheCoder »

I do, it creates logs, and save games, however it never created a config file, if possible can someone send me their config file so I can place it in there? or paste the contents of it in the thread and the file extension of the file. Also this may or may not be related to the problem but I can't even play the game because the camera won't move with the arrow keys or when I put my mouse near the edge of the screen.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

The game would start with defaults, which is 640x480, window mode, if there wasn't a config file, and create a new one with defaults.
So, it IS there, either you are looking in the wrong place, or... well, there is no other option, that is the only possible explanation.

You can even rename/move/delete the config directory, and it will create everything again.
If you downloaded the portable version, that stores everything in the same directory that you installed the game to.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
NeonTheCoder
New user

Post by NeonTheCoder »

I did not download the portable reason and I guess you won't believe me until I upload pictures of everything explained so here
http://imgur.com/a/qbAjy#0
As you can see there is no config file. I have version 3.1.2 and I have no idea why this is happening but it is. now I would like help instead of you saying it's not possible. Also I have reinstalled the game twice already. Nothing worked. So either this is a bug, OR, it is just not working for me. Also sorry if I seem angry, just want to play the game and it takes a while for my messages to be posted, then I get responses that don't help.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

NeonTheCoder wrote:I did not download the portable reason and I guess you won't believe me until I upload pictures of everything explained so here
http://imgur.com/a/qbAjy#0
As you can see there is no config file. I have version 3.1.2 and I have no idea why this is happening but it is. now I would like help instead of you saying it's not possible. Also I have reinstalled the game twice already. Nothing worked. So either this is a bug, OR, it is just not working for me. Also sorry if I seem angry, just want to play the game and it takes a while for my messages to be posted, then I get responses that don't help.
I am not trying to be mean, or anything, but your pictures just prove that is the WRONG DIRECTORY.
I have no idea how that "config" directory came from, we don't do that, get rid of it.
Once again, look at the link I showed you, it clearly shows the directory the game uses.
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Warzone 2100 <version>\
In this case, <version> is 3.1.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I'd check the access rights to the folder...
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

I'd check the access rights to the folder...
My first thought too. But as vexed points out, he wants the config file in his home directory, not in Libraries.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Isn't "Libraries" merely a file manager bookmark folder in Windows 7, much like "Favorites", rather than a real folder? Haven't used Windows for a while...
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Yeah, it's not a real folder http://i.imgur.com/5otBek0.png but you can see the exact path of the actual folder by selecting the address bar http://i.imgur.com/CM2kC6D.png or looking at the properties of the folder http://i.imgur.com/2XumXPQ.png
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

If you want warzone to use a specific directory when you run warzone, for the config file you need to tell it where to look when you start the game
./warzone2100 --help
Usage: ./warzone2100 [OPTION...]
--configdir=configuration directory Set configuration directory
So on your windows launch link add that to the command to start warzone

commad + --configdir=configuration directory
This will allow to put your config file anywhere you like

here is the configure file

Code: Select all

[General]

shake=0
fullscreen=false
mouseflip=1
voicevol=75
masterserver_port=9990
gameName=Use a polite game name
trapCursor=false
PauseOnFocusLoss=false
rotateRadar=true
difficulty=1
playerName=Peter Perfect
FSAA=0
colourMP=4
music_enabled=true
maxPlayers=6
fxvol=31
showFPS=0
shaders=1
textureSize=128
gameserver_port=2100
mapHash=
language=en_GB
base=0
scanlines=0
nomousewarp=0
subtitles=1
RightClickOrders=0
FMVmode=0
shadows=0
alliance=2
sound=1
MiddleClickRotate=0
masterserver_name=lobby.wz2100.net
radarObjectMode=0
radarTerrainMode=0
scroll=1000
colour=0
mapName=DA-towers-v2-T1
UPnP=1
bpp=32
cdvol=0
vsync=true
power=400
Remember to save this file as 'config' some place then point your warzone game to it.
PS: config is a actual file name not a folder name.
showing warzone folder with config file in it
showing warzone folder with config file in it
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Option A:
vexed wrote:You can even rename/move/delete the config directory, and it will create everything again.
Option B:
vexed wrote: I have no idea how that "config" directory came from, we don't do that, get rid of it.
Berg wrote:Remember to save this file as 'config' some place then point your warzone game to it.
PS: config is a actual file name not a folder name.[attachment=0]screeny.png[/attachment
Look closely:
Then

Again, THAT is the problem.
Now, if the OP would have done option A, or option B, problem would have been solved.

WZ can't create a "config" file as there is a directory with that name.
Everyone happy now? Good, now everyone back to playing Warzone!