Animation Problems

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Psionic_Commando
Greenhorn

Animation Problems

Post by Psionic_Commando »

I recently installed a mod that made my Warzone 2100 copy display awkward artifacts when a newly built vehicle is spawned from the factory. When I got rid of the mod the artifacts didn't go way. This may seem like something minor but having vehicles shoot down from the sky and then come out of the factory is really annoying, distracting and ruins the experience for me. I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting all folders and files associated with the game including even deleting my save files, to fix the problem but nope, still not fixed. Can anyone help me fix this?
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Animation Problems

Post by Berg »

1 what mod?
2 what version of warzone
3 what operating system
4 supply a screen shot?
If you dont supply details you cant expect too much of a result from here.
Psionic_Commando
Greenhorn

1.) The "No Timer" mod that can be found in the add-ons sub-forum.
2.) Latest, as of 2015, May.
3.) Win 8.1.
4.) It's too fast to capture. It happens in less then a second.
Speed and power are what win battles.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

What is latest? We offer multiple versions, so, that is why it was asked.
As for your specific problem,
I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting all folders and files associated with the game including even deleting my save files, to fix the problem but nope, still not fixed.
Did you delete/rename your configuration directory? FileLocations
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

1 sorry i cant find it in addons section that have been approved...no in addons discussion a link would be helpful.
4 If we don't know what artifact your see its hard to reproduce.
Psionic_Commando
Greenhorn

Deleting the configuration file did nothing. I suppose it could be a graphical option that causes the artifact. I'll mess around with the graphics options for a bit.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Not file, directory.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Psionic_Commando
Greenhorn

I've deleted all contents of the Warzone 3.1 folder at the specified location.

I've also fiddled with the Video options, in-game and I'm losing my patience. There is not one combination that will stop the graphical artifact but during my testing I did manage to stop it once and then it went back to producing this artifact.
When ever a vehicle is produced it shoots down from the sky and spawns out of the factory.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Psionic_Commando wrote:I've deleted all contents of the Warzone 3.1 folder at the specified location.

I've also fiddled with the Video options, in-game and I'm losing my patience. There is not one combination that will stop the graphical artifact but during my testing I did manage to stop it once and then it went back to producing this artifact.
When ever a vehicle is produced it shoots down from the sky and spawns out of the factory.
There is no possible way WZ itself would cause "When ever a vehicle is produced it shoots down from the sky and spawns out of the factory" That can't even be a mod, the factory spawns are in the code itself, and no mod can change that.

As for "graphical artifacts" that is almost always video driver related. (Though, having mods can cause some issues with that.)

Again, what game version are you playing, and where did you download it from? Give us the link to the actual file.
Psionic_Commando
Greenhorn

I've already answered that question, read my above post and I won't have to repeat myself. I've downloaded the game from wz2100.net, like everyone else.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Rather than rely on your hearsay please provide a screen shot.
I can't find said mod and in no way I can imagine what your talking about.
Now you made me repeat myself please refrain.
Psionic_Commando
Greenhorn

I don't like repeating myself about the fact that I can't capture this really fast moment in the game so I'll just have to live with this artifact. That or use Google to find a solution. It may take time but I suppose I'll find one. Thank you for your time.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

I hesitate to get involved in this because I can see it isn't going anywhere. But here is a general hint for *anyone* trying to solve a problem. If someone asks for more information, it is because something is not clear. I can think of a couple interpretations for each of the "I don't want to repeat myself" statements.

Good luck with the game!

END OF TRANSMISSION
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Try https://obsproject.com/ to record the game.
We want information... information... information.