3k or 4k Resolution Solution?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
warzony
New user

3k or 4k Resolution Solution?

Post by warzony »

Hi,

thanks for this game, you guys are doing a great Job for years!

Anyway I got problems running wz2100 with my latest device Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with a max Screen resolution of 3200x1800 pixels and windows 8.1 x64.

I have tried several ingame resolutions, but they only change the menu when wz is fresh started. When game is running, control center and the map disappears in bottom of the screen. When returning back to menu, also the menu moves to the right-bottom.

Seems like wz uses the max res of the display for scaling, instead of the windows setting. This would be great if it would work correctly - but it doesnt. Even when I select 3200x1800 pixels in wz display settings, 1/4 of the screen disappears bottom-right ingame.

I already had similar problems with civ3, which I fixed by changing the windows desktop res to fullhd (1920x1080), and change the but for wz this does not work.

Any suggestions welcome!
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Re: 3k or 4k Resolution Solution?

Post by MaNGusT »

Do you use fullscreen mode or windowed?
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Try program properties → compatibility → disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
We want information... information... information.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

there was other problem like fisheye. and i don't see any git push about it, probably it's going to be merged with gfxqueue ?
Vincent
Trained
Trained

Post by Vincent »

It's fixed in my branch. To be honest I don't really know why, but I don't understand why 4k is broken with fixed functions. Maybe drivers make matrix computations on float16 for performance ?
Dr-Hanc
New user

Post by Dr-Hanc »

Since this is the only thread on 4k I can find:
Have that same problem. UT99 has the same issue for me, both games are OpenGL, didn't try UT in direct3d yet.
Is there a solution?

Edit:
cybersphinx wrote:Try program properties → compatibility → disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
Thx! This worked!
The mouse cursor is ultra small now, any advice there?
And it's a pity that the fov in warzone stays the same.