Dreaded Port 2100 topic

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Drosera
Greenhorn

Dreaded Port 2100 topic

Post by Drosera »

From the sounds of things, this problems comes up quite a bit. Sorry to be yet another in a long line of the same.

My husband and I are trying to set up the game to play together. Both on desktop PC's, Windows 7, connected through a router. I'm trying to host the game, and I get the 'port 2100 not connected' error. We are using a Linksys router, and I believe I have set it up properly ( 192.168.1.my number, 2100 for both internal and external ports, udp and tcp selected, and even the checkbox at the end of the line is ticked) I have set this up both on Single Port Forwarding and Port Range forwarding. And for the sake of debugging, I have turned the windows Firewall off altogether.

Still the error message occurs.

Have I done alright so far? Have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance. :)
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: Dreaded Port 2100 topic

Post by Cyp »

Try ignoring the error when hosting, and connect via IP. I think the error means that noone can connect from outside your network.
Drosera
Greenhorn

Post by Drosera »

Thanks for the response, but no, doesn't seem to work. Hit the 'start hosting button' on my pc, then tried to connect from husband's, and it only gives the lobby, and nothing else.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

make sure on both sides nothing blocks warzone2100, like firewalls or anti-viruses. add application to exceptions.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Drosera
Greenhorn

Post by Drosera »

Yup, just verified. Warzone, and the ports, are permitted in both his Firewall and Anti-virus. Still no go.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Are you trying to play through the WZ lobby or on your local network?

Is your operating system running a firewall in addition to your router?
Drosera
Greenhorn

Post by Drosera »

I would prefer to be playing just through our LAN. But whenever I type my personal ip in his game, it does bring me to the lobby.

When trying to work on this, I'm disabling the Windows Firewall and the Anti-virus on both machines. If there's anything beyond this, I'm unaware of it.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

For the router, it is NOT needed to port forward internal ports to the LAN, in fact, that can screw things up.
Port forwarding is used for external connections to the machine hosting the game.
So, if you are hosting on 192.168.1.55, then the port forward should be TCP port 2100 for 192.168.1.55.

You don't mention which specific router you have, but, usually the cheap ones won't let you go through the lobby to connect to your game, if you are both on the same subnet.

Now, with that out of the way:
Step 1: disable AV & firewall. (Some AV's also have firewalls as well).
Step 2: run warzone, select MP, setup what you want, then hit start hosting button. If the router has the ports open for WZ to this machine, then you will be shown in the lobby, so, either make the game private, or change the masterserver_name=lobby.wz2100.net in the config file to masterserver_name=127.0.0.1 or whatever.
Step 3: WZ should be waiting for connections. Verify this by opening a admin level command prompt and typing in netstat -na |find "2100" and you will see:

Code: Select all

TCP    0.0.0.0:2100           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
  TCP    [::]:2100              [::]:0                 LISTENING
As you can see, it is saying both IPv4 and IPv6 port 2100 (TCP) is waiting (listening) for connections.

That is all you need to verify.
Now, the other machine should connect via IP to the one hosting, (192.168.1.55 for my example), and it should work.
If not, then something is blocking it on their end, most likely firewall or some AV programs or misconfigured router.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
wayward4now
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wayward4now »

Maybe Win7 doesn't like the idea that you are "serving" anything without a server edition? That's the reason I switched to Linux LONG ago. No a*** license requirements.
oOoRE DARKoOo
New user

Post by oOoRE DARKoOo »

io ho provato ha fare tutte le prove di questo mondo, ma nonostante ciò lo stesso non riesco ad abilitare le porte per poter ospitare una partita, il modem che utilizzo è un TP-LINK per favore qualcuno mi aiuti
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Sorry, don't understand the translation.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
himanshu
New user

Post by himanshu »

Drosera wrote:From the sounds of things, this problems comes up quite a bit. Sorry to be yet another in a long line of the same.

My husband and I are trying to set up the game to play together. Both on desktop PC's, Windows 7, connected through a router. I'm trying to host the game, and I get the 'port 2100 not connected' error. We are using a Linksys router, and I believe I have set it up properly ( 192.168.1.my number, 2100 for both internal and external ports, udp and tcp selected, and even the checkbox at the end of the line is ticked) I have set this up both on Single Port Forwarding and Port Range forwarding. And for the sake of debugging, I have turned the windows Firewall off altogether.

Still the error message occurs.

Have I done alright so far? Have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance. :)
Can you help me

Helping