Mac install

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
skyline8492
New user

Mac install

Post by skyline8492 »

Hi

Quick question regarding installation on a Mac. I installed the latest version, but can't seem to select anything once the game loads. I can move my mouse, but can not select anything on the main menu. Only possible way for me to close the game is to force quit. The game also loads in a very small window - probably 1/8th the size of my screen. I've tried searching around here but have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions or solutions?

Would downloading a previous version of the game be beneficial?

Thanks!
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Mac install

Post by vexed »

skyline8492 wrote:Hi

Quick question regarding installation on a Mac. I installed the latest version, but can't seem to select anything once the game loads. I can move my mouse, but can not select anything on the main menu. Only possible way for me to close the game is to force quit. The game also loads in a very small window - probably 1/8th the size of my screen. I've tried searching around here but have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions or solutions?

Would downloading a previous version of the game be beneficial?

Thanks!
What OS you running ?
AFAIK, all versions on the mac behave the same.
Also, the default size of the window is 640x480, you can change that, once you get the menu working.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
skyline8492
New user

Post by skyline8492 »

I'm running 10.9.2 Mavericks. I haven't been able to play the game since downloading the latest version of the game.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Does it give any errors in the logs ?
http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/FileLocations#Logs
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
skyline8492
New user

Post by skyline8492 »

Not that I can see. Here is the screenshot from my log folder
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 12.33.18 PM.png
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

So just what does it say inside those log files ?
Open one up, and post the contents.
skyline8492
New user

Post by skyline8492 »

Here is what it says inside of one of the log files - I XXX'd out my name. Thank you for your help.

--- Starting log [/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/Warzone 2100 3.1/logs/WZlog-0702_195608.txt]---
info |07:56:08: [realmain:1145] Using /Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/Warzone 2100 3.1/logs/WZlog-0702_195608.txt debug file
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Hmm... that didn't help...does it crash, at all, or just exits ?
Try this, open up a shell, and go to where warzone is installed, and do warzone --debug=all
then, post the contents of that log.
(you might have to do ./warzone2100 --debug all (or...since I have no idea what it is called on macs)