Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
bulrush
Trained
Trained

Can't build any vehicles, Win 8

Post by bulrush »

Warzone 2100 3.1.1

I just got a new computer: HP Envy 700, Windows 8 64-bit, Intel i5-4450 quad core cpu, 12GB ram, Intel HD Graphics 4600.

Since I installed WZ on my new PC I haven't been able to build any new vehicles, no matter which engines and bodies I research. I'm using a new player profile.

Anyone know how to fix this? Do I have to set my Windows icon to use some emulation mode or something?

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I didn't design any vehicles. No wonder I can't make them.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Can't build any vehicles, Win 8

Post by Berg »

bulrush wrote:EDIT: I'm an idiot. I didn't design any vehicles. No wonder I can't make them.
There is a design by default the Builder Trucks but i guess you know that too ...enjoy your new PC and your Warzone2100
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

bulrush wrote:Warzone 2100 3.1.1

I just got a new computer: HP Envy 700, Windows 8 64-bit, Intel i5-4450 quad core cpu, 12GB ram, Intel HD Graphics 4600.
Nice computer, though I have never used ones, I have seen numerous images and reviews of the Hp Envy's and they look nice. :)
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
bulrush
Trained
Trained

Post by bulrush »

I like the PC because I can easily add a "real" graphics card later. It has a few open slots. And a ton of USB ports, 3.0 and 2.0. There must be at least 8 USB ports, front, back, and top. On top there are 2 USB ports, and ports for mike and speakers/headphones. Very convenient. In front there is a sliding top revealing media readers, more USB ports, etc.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Hmm...
I once had a desktop that lasted 8 years before it couldn't "catch up".
I miss it.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
Trifler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trifler »

bulrush wrote:Warzone 2100 3.1.1

Since I installed WZ on my new PC I haven't been able to build any new vehicles, no matter which engines and bodies I research. I'm using a new player profile.

Anyone know how to fix this? Do I have to set my Windows icon to use some emulation mode or something?

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I didn't design any vehicles. No wonder I can't make them.
Hmm... Well, I actually have the problem you described. I'm running Win8 now and decided to reinstall the game again and start a new campaign from scratch with the latest version (3.1.1). I was playing the first mission, created a new Flamer Viper Wheels, saved the game to fiddle with resolutions, and when I came back, my new unit wasn't listed in the factory. However, it is still listed in the Design window. This time I tried deleting all the unit designs and recreated them. They were visible in the Factory window until I saved, fully exited the game, and then restarted the game and reloaded my save. Then they were gone again. All of them. I also tested running as an Admin and compatibility mode for Win7 with no dice.

I then tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, with the same result. I'm now going to submit a bug report on this, but thought I'd reply to this thread while I'm here.
themoose
New user

Post by themoose »

Have a look at this bug http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/4208

Seems to be what I am seeing.

Try deleting your designs and recreating them.
Trifler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trifler »

themoose wrote:Try deleting your designs and recreating them.
Just tried it again after reading your post. No dice. They work until I quit the game then restart it and reload my save. Then the designs show up under research, but not under the factory. I can then delete them and recreate them again, but they only show up until I quit the game.

My test is a fresh new campaign where I delete the two starting designs and then create a new Viper Machinegun Wheels. Then I save, exit, reload, and see if it appears on the unit production menu.
JWSTARR
New user

Re: Can't build any vehicles, Win 8 *related issue

Post by JWSTARR »

hey, I'm giving kudos to folks developed this crazy thing... it makes me stay up late and drink too much coffee...

I'm connecting to this tik cuz I'm also not able to manufacture anything.... It turned off somewhere after I developed bunker buster missiles.. before I built cyborg plant... In fact I fought a couple of missions with just the leftovers from earlier... I thought it was some kind of "special test phase".. But now I'm up to mission 12ish... the one where you land in the low left corner and have to fight NewPAR base in top R... and you get jumped almost immmediate...

I could never save a design, I have always had to go and remake them. (like I make a repair truck... then I have to go to design screan again if I want a build truck),... they are never listed in Fact build menu... but now I can design anything and nothing appears in fact menu... I've tried deleting everything.. restatrting the game.. restrting PC... if I go back far enough in saved games the fact still works... so I guess something happens in the stages somewhere around 9-10 mission..

I am running a NEC LAvie Japanese release... with Ubuntu 12.04 with Dream studio distro... MATE GUI.... overall the whole thing is stable and WZ seemed very comfy... until the fact shutdown!! :(