Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Very low fps

Post by baobab »

I have Radeon HD 7850 , procesor FX 4100 , 8 GB RAM , SSD 250 GB
When i begin any map, there is 250 FPS , after 2 min goes to 30 FPS , after 5 min goes down to 3 or 1 FPS !! ! and that is problem !!!
I changed the resolution from HD 1900 to low VGA 640 .
I turned off all : schadows synch .
I changed texture on 64 bits .
Same happens on ubuntu 13.10 32 and 64 bits and windows 7 32 and 64 bits
Second pc with radeon 4800 and athlon 6000 have same problem.
I changed drivers (windows and linux ) newest , beta older .
Laptop with i7 and geforce 740M works fine , game begin with 600 FPS and drop to 100 -75 FPS . and this same game version 3.1.1
GPU load is all time low.
How to get to this ???
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Very low fps

Post by vexed »

So, the same thing happens on both windows & linux ? That is odd.
Play in a window, and see if that improves things.
Also, check process monitor, and see how RAM is being used--I am wondering if there is some weird memory leak going on with your system...

The i7 is much faster than the FX 4100, but, you shouldn't be getting lower than 30 fps...
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Can you try to download apitrace, trace the game until you get noticeably low FPS, then replay the trace to see if you the get the same low FPS then? If you do, then the problem is with the graphics code or driver somehow, and I can try to reproduce the problem with that trace file. If not, then the problem is elsewhere.

apitrace: https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace

Which driver did you use on Linux? Catalyst or mesa?
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

i use amd system monitor , and it show me that 1 core is in 100 % use .
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

It may become choppy with a lot of units because of the NulBot AI maybe?
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

Yes i love hard games. offen are 9 nulbots on map , bat this problem exist also in multiplayer NTW games.
Today i check when frames drop, and for now j can say:
1-4 players i get 50 FPS
5-6 players i get 20 FPS
7-10 players i get 1-4 FPS
We speaking when 100 tanks atak another 100 tanks.
Always i can observe 1 core of procesor is overload 3 of core stay unused, GPU stays with 10-40 % of usage (more with 10% usage).
On linux i use open drivers (xserver-xorg-video-ati) , when i use catalist (fglrx)it is worse, This sugestions with apitrace i will check in next couple days
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

No, nullbot-specific lags have different symptoms: you get high FPS displayed, but still everything is choppy.

I'd rather imagine some overheat or something like that.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Warzone is not a multi-core game, it was written at a time when most people only had one core.

The game really needs a fast CPU, and the more units that are in game, the faster the CPU is needed or, as you see, FPS tanks.

If you keep adding units to the i7, you will see that after a certain number of units, performance will drop like a rock as well.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, you normally can't add that much units in 5 minutes.
Even my 10-year-old P4 with radeon x1950 could handle that much.
Bruno Rodolfo
Trained
Trained

Post by Bruno Rodolfo »

I do have an Radeon HD 6310 and, when I play a <6 players' maps, the game lag and, sometimes, it crashes.... On >6 players' maps, the game is playable, but none exceptional. The game has the same performance on both my computer and laptop, and my PC has 32MB VRAM and 1,4GB RAM...
laptop specs: AMD E-300 APU, Radeon HD 6310, 4GB RAM(~3,6 avaliable) and it has a resolution of 1336x768
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

NoQ wrote:Well, you normally can't add that much units in 5 minutes.
Even my 10-year-old P4 with radeon x1950 could handle that much.
Good point, in 5 mins, that shouldn't be possible, unless it is a savegame that has lots of units.
d00fd00f
Greenhorn

Post by d00fd00f »

Should we add threading support? :) C++11, Qt threading or Boost.Thread should fix most of the issues.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

We already have threading. The path-finding runs in its own thread. However, due to our strict requirements for determinism (all clients have to generate exactly the same results, in the same order, or things will go out of sync), we cannot exploit this as much as we'd like.

In this particular case, we still don't know if the problem is on the CPU or GPU side.
d00fd00f
Greenhorn

Post by d00fd00f »

When I get my code up and running I'll take a quick peek. You say you just have it run for a few minutes and it starts slowing down? Is it related to number of units on screen, or just number of players in general?
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

yes it is related to number of units, on NTW maps people build much faster units. but you guys can you make test options IN MENU shortcut. you go there you can chose resolution and map with full load of units and buildings for 2 ,4,6, 8,10 players . you make sum of FPS . This gave you some answers. What is player's hardware performance , and how much new code is use a performance . also you can add some hardwore reporting what are procesor , graphic card , ram , and hdd/sdd. this information helps much for development, and you can put it back on warzone www site . what makes me angry , i buy this computer 10 weeks ago, becouse my old computer have drop of FPS , i expected new one get easy with warzone. and now i see thet game evolving in to " expensive hardware mounster" , sugestion "buy i7 BECOSE game is warzone single threaded" is realy ff****
Last edited by Staff on 02 Jan 2014, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to swear