Surface Pro

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Tonto
New user

Surface Pro

Post by Tonto »

Will this game run on a Microsoft Surface Pro 128G running Windows 8?

Actually, no need to answer. I've had a quick try of the game on another PC. It's not very good is it?

@ STAFF - Tks so much for help - community must mean something different in your dictionary. PS - MS have actually shipped about 2 million units so it's not only me that has one.
Last edited by Tonto on 20 Aug 2013, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Surface Pro

Post by Staff »

No idea.
Nobody has one, so it never has been tested.
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

i am unsure which win 8 (RT?) surface pro are using, but i just test it on my Samsung 500T which is a tablet and running win 8. i could say:
the game is running
single/multiple unit selection and give order are OK
command menu (build / research) are OK as well
zooming with 2 finger are ok

the problem i found is
i can't quit the game unless i won / lose.
i don't know how to (can't) rotate the camera
Last edited by Ezio on 20 Aug 2013, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

So some touch functions are automatic and do not require a code change? Sounds interesting... Guess the touch orders are acting as left mouse clicks. Makes me wonder if a double touch can be added to bring up the game menu to allow for exiting. Not so sure about the rotate though...
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:So some touch functions are automatic and do not require a code change? Sounds interesting... Guess the touch orders are acting as left mouse clicks. Makes me wonder if a double touch can be added to bring up the game menu to allow for exiting. Not so sure about the rotate though...
i think it was the windows / touch driver which emulates touch as mouse click, we might still need to override it for better usage. i could rotate with right click (holding down hand till a box shows up) then move finger around.
new stuff is that i hardly move around map. i could swipe up to make it keep goind up (it did same thing if you keep you mouse on top). then i need to click inside screen to stop the movement and it feels too fast for touch based. and if i swipe from right side the "charm bar" will be activated
GmCity
New user

Post by GmCity »

Hi All,

I've tried the portable version on several Win 8 devices including a Surface Pro 2, a Vaio Pro i5 model, both running Win 8.1, and I've had no special issues with the program running itself however some of the controls are a little hard without the keyboard

For example:
To scroll around the screen you do a brief tap and drag at the edge and then the same in the middle, like a mini selection (will cause you to sometimes select units)

long press on the screen for a second or two (depending on your settings) to de-select units (like you would right click on windows 8)

And when you want to order your units somewhere double tap the location when selected instead of single tap.

I personally really like using the touch screen to select and order units around, and only use the keyboard for the arrow keys to move the screen as the charm bar gets on my nerves and Esc button for the menu.
Lord Apocalypse wrote:Not so sure about the rotate though...
tap and hold like a right click then drag your finger without releasing to rotate :)