Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Linux Help!

Post by stiv »

chmod a+x autogen.sh
This changes the permissions on autogen.sh to make it an executable program.
/bin/bash: ./build_tools/autorevision: Permission denied
Likely, this is the result of trying to build using 'sudo'. Generally speaking, you never need to build as root. (install as root, yes. build, no)

Simplest advice: to delete your source tree and start over. Don't use sudo
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Okay, so I'm running 3.1 on Ubuntu 12.04. I've found the hidden folder in the Terminal but I've got no clue how to put maps from the community here into my game. Does anyone know how I do that? Sorry for my incompetence :P
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Either use cp command in terminal or press ctrl+h (i guess, or whatever) in file manager to show hidden files and folders.
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Ahhh Thank you! That helps alot :)
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
wayward4now
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wayward4now »

I had to "touch autorevision.cache" in the src/ directory. (missing file?) Then it proceeded, but bombed out later with some other recursive build error. I was grinding my teeth.

I just installed the latest master, which is noted on the forum topic "testers wanted" and that compiled. I think I still had to do that "touch" bit though. I'm running Debian Jessie 64.
wayward4now
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wayward4now »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12002

There is the link to the newest master build for testing. Enjoy!
Oh yes, do the autogen.sh / etc as user, not root. If you did use the root user, you might need to delete the folder and untar the downloaded file again to start cleanly. If it compiles cleanly, cd into src/ and run the resultant ./warzone2100 file to see if it runs correctly, as user, BEFORE you install it, which you do as root user.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

If you are testing, there is no need to do the install step. you can run warzone2100 from the src dir as described above.
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

If you are on Ubuntu (and derivatives) and don't mind to add an extra repository to your system, you could install it from PlayDeb.net.

Here's the link on how to install the repo: http://www.playdeb.net/updates/#how_to_install

After adding the repository, you can install the fresh version from your terminal, software center, Synaptic or whatever you prefer after updating your software sources. (sudo apt-get update)

They always support the last long term support and the latest versions of Ubuntu (and Ubuntu based ;) ). Also keep in mind, that they might need a week or two until they put up updates to their repository.

I use it, because they got WZ2100, Xonotic, GemRB, ScummVM and mednafen together with a lot of other great games and emulators up there. ;)

The also have an application repository... ;)
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
lingamer
New user

Post by lingamer »

Hello

i am usin linux mint and the videos dont starts

sequences.wz is placed in the correct dir

plz help me