Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
warzone666
Trained
Trained

another (useless) topic about multiplayer

Post by warzone666 »

ok hi folks

i recently downloaded 2.0.8 version because of multiplayer (though it would solve my problem)

when i click ''lobby''...waiting...a new windows pops up and no game on it, i click the search for games button a million times and no games

i click ''IP''...window pops up telling me to put my ip or machine name...(i dont put anything there right?) and again... NO GAMES

i dont have a router, i have a direct link modem or D-LINK DSL-500G

am i crazy or i can start getting worried about being flamed for another useless topic? :P
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Re: another (useless) topic about multiplayer

Post by Kamaze »

There aren't hundreds or thousands of players yet ;)
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

If you want to test the lobby server, ask someone on IRC or this forum to start a server... Then try again  ;)
warzone666
Trained
Trained

Post by warzone666 »

well i see ''dozens'' of players in irc and no games... also when i cal someone NOBODY AWNSERS! (just a guy called ''DarkGuru'' or somenthing) :'(
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

well... your actually in the wrong thread

index.php?topic=747.0    is the right one...  and you will also need to be patient... like me waiting for documents on warzone 2100...  ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

warzone666 wrote: well i see ''dozens'' of players in irc and no games... also when i cal someone NOBODY AWNSERS! (just a guy called ''DarkGuru'' or somenthing) :'(
The IRC channel is mainly being used for development on Warzone. Plus "SHOUTING IN AN IRC CHANNEL" will not get you any further (besides annoying people that is). The same applies to this forum btw. Not to mention that not everyone in that IRC channel (including me) isn't constantly sitting idle just to watch for new messages, I check about once every 10 minutes maybe (and that depends on the amount of incoming messages on IRC as well as the amount of work I've got to do).

PS for the record, that guy calls himself "EvilGuru" ;)
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh