quick mid-level challenges: a tour of the maps

For challenge discussions and reports
loligo
New user

quick mid-level challenges: a tour of the maps

Post by loligo »

A simple challenge is doing all maps 6 v 2 (you and one AI). Starting with the AI in "hard" and dropping its ability down with every round. Most involve simple strategy, however there are a few maps that get pretty tough. Thoughts? Comments? Input?
Mats
Trained
Trained

Re: quick mid-level challenges: a tour of the maps

Post by Mats »

All the 8 player levels that come with the game are impossible 6 vs 2 with the sliders all the way to hardest! They actually need to come pretty far down for the levels to be possible. This is mostly using the tactic of taking out two bases very early game and then trying to expand with their oil plus ally. In theory, you have half of oil, but you actually seem to fall to far behind in tech while you are busy wrecking bases. Holding out in your own base area is a no-go and dominating oil seems to be not working (though looks like it could on Mizamaze). I say mostly, because on levels like Yin-Yang, the bases are too far spread to take out two enemies.
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

1vs7 on Clover (a very small map!) (no bases, T1, high power, bla-bla-bla) is rather funny. It's easy on the very-minimal AI level (i.e. non-cheating AI), but i couldn't advance to the "next level" yet. I didn't try 2x6 though.
icyflames
Trained
Trained

Post by icyflames »

I don't remember trying but it's probably possible on Manhattan. 2 v 6 would probably be quite easy. Take out one enemy, and the rest will be stuck on the other side so just prepare for VTOLs and the occasional hover.

1 v 7 won't be too hard either probably..