Zerg Rush

For challenge discussions and reports
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Zerg Rush

Post by Assault Gunner »

I would like to see a challenge with a timer like the ones in the campaign. As in, a countdown timer. You must eliminate all enemy AIs within 30-90 minutes, depending on the size of the map. Say, 30 minutes for a 2P map, 60 minutes for a 4P map variant of this type of challenge, and 90 minutes for a variant of this challenge on an 8P map.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Re: Zerg Rush

Post by GiGaBaNE »

think maybe you could put this in the propper place to pls?
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Umm... This is where you are supposed to post suggestions for new challenges. This is a suggestion for a new challenge. What do you mean "Please post this in the proper place"?

This most definitely does not belong in Ideas and Suggestions, unless one of the webmasters/developers says otherwise.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Assault Gunner wrote:Umm... This is where you are supposed to post suggestions for new challenges. This is a suggestion for a new challenge. What do you mean "Please post this in the proper place"?
I think he means that the proper place is here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4422

(I don't know for sure, though.)
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

lolz yes thats what i meant xD
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Well, then, please specify so in your initial post. Any one of the mods, go ahead and lock this thread. I'll repost in the appropriate place.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

GiGaBaNE wrote:think maybe you could put this in the propper place to pls?
my bad, the grammar made it appear i was talking to you when i said it, i was actually directing it at the mods as a direct follow on sentence to this one.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4728#p47405
GiGaBaNE wrote:think we can get this moved pls? dont belong in challenges section.
i suspect this area is gonna get very busy :twisted:
no offence was meant in any way i assure you, im just a tidy freak, lol.
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

Hmmm, well, those of us that broke the rules and made a thread for an idea rather than a completed challenge, will just have to make the ideas into challenges- or at least do 90% of the work (making the map, setting player conditions, placing structures, etc), so that it is a *challenge*, not an *idea for a challenge*
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

i wonder how hard it is to make a campain.

some of these challenges could reach a whole new level of complexity if the mechanism was used.

not talking about making a real campaign, but a micro campaign with maybe a home base and 2 away missions or the like.

as we all know, just the idea is the easy part.

is there any tools that could help or is it just pure map makers e.t.c
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Well, I'm not entirely sure that threads for challenge ideas is a bad idea. I'm leaving these here, for now, k? The idea thread is for brainstorming, while new threads can be for complete ideas that we're looking for feedback on.
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Sure. Works for me. By the way, how about a ranking thread? I can even take care of it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Assault Gunner wrote:By the way, how about a ranking thread? I can even take care of it.
Good idea, but I'll make the thread myself. Keep it "official", that way. ;)
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

So... what do people think of the idea?
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

Well, the idea of a countdown along with a countup clock is a good idea. If only I knew enough C to do it :/
Bring back...ducks!