Challenge: No Place To Hide

For challenge discussions and reports
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: Challenge: No Place To Hide

Post by montetank »

:lol2: Thanks Hesterax. My first language is german and serbian/croatian. It is so difficult for me to say something in english.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
manuthegrey
New user

Post by manuthegrey »

Following baobab's method I could finish this challenge.
It is shocking that given the right strategy (walling off the two neighbours first, then killing them while grabbing ressources in the middle and walling in) I encountered no resistance whatsover.
AI armies did not go out of its bases at all, in the whole game.
My defences did not take any blow except when they were within range of enemy units in their bases.
Shocking.
manuthegrey
New user

Post by manuthegrey »

Sorry I think this was a bug in the AI that its armies did not move at all, caused by a glitch between load/save.
Starting again from the start, the AI is agressive, as it should be, and this map still is a challenge.
If my previous post and this one could be deleted...
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I'd rather investigate the bug in the AI.
SexViperWheels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SexViperWheels »

I remember actually finishing this challenge successfully a couple years ago, on one of the late 2.x builds. Slow game down as much as you can, have 10+ basic mg viper wheels tanks start attacking bases from the start and have whatever trucks you can get follow them around, building over the seized oil derricks. Have factories continue to produce machinegun viper wheels while researching machinegun and tank armor upgrades, keep pumping out machineguns and eventually heavy machineguns, while having your trucks build derricks wherever they can, a couple MG towers next to them and a power generator for every 4, as well as building an extra factory over every base you take to mass units. It's extremely difficult and a lot of it comes down to luck, but it IS possible with perfect micromanagement, made possible with speed settings.
Fedaykin
Greenhorn

Post by Fedaykin »

Recently I won this challenge on 3.3.0 beta1, but i bump into bug. Score in challenge menu doesn't change after solving the challenge. Yeah, I know that bugs must be reported on trac with tickets, but something went wrong and I couldn't create a ticket, so I report this bug here, in related topic.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

Fedaykin wrote: 03 Mar 2019, 13:52 Recently I won this challenge on 3.3.0 beta1, but i bump into bug. Score in challenge menu doesn't change after solving the challenge. Yeah, I know that bugs must be reported on trac with tickets, but something went wrong and I couldn't create a ticket, so I report this bug here, in related topic.
It would be nice if you could tell us how you won since Berserk Cyborg has
already doubted that beating so many NullBots is possible at all.