Challenge: No Place To Hide

For challenge discussions and reports
bendib
Regular
Regular

Re: Challenge: No Place To Hide

Post by bendib »

egg wrote:Where is this map available?
MizaMaze should be available by default.
Also known as Subsentient.
egg
Greenhorn

Post by egg »

Not in my Linux distribution. Should it be in Single Player, Challenges?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Sure. It was there since ancient times; if you have the "challenges" button at all, then you certainly have this particular challenge (and two other challenges)
egg
Greenhorn

Post by egg »

Ah-
I've just realized that I was looking for 'MizaMaze' and should have been looking for 'No Place to Hide'.....which I have.
Mats
Trained
Trained

Post by Mats »

@egg - You need to download one of the latest versions of Warzone (not the 1x originals). One the main menu click "Challenges" and then you should see a list of challenges and No Place To Hide is one of them.
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
Germanium
Trained
Trained

Post by Germanium »

Any news on 2.3.6 and beyond? Obviously since armor came back MG borg strategy will fail after the rush (of 2 bases). Then you will often fight against not only flamer but also python tracks, which will slowly destroy your base. If you are able to destroy other bases it might not be such a problem but you are unable to do that (due to inferno tanks and hardpoints/bunkers inside). Anyone accomplished more than killing 2 bases recently?
It is not knowledge, but the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest enjoyment. - Carl Friedrich Gauss
infraRed
Greenhorn

Post by infraRed »

Has anyone made progress toward a strategy for beating this? I've been working with a few different approaches, but with little success. (30 minutes survival time at most.)

1. Base rush: At most I'm able to take about one-and-a-half bases before the AIs technological superiority renders its units practically invulnerable. This is compounded by the fact that my resources are all diverted towards unit building and little is left for my own research. And the initial machine guns and flamers are not especially effective against buildings anyway.

2. Base defense (Turtle tactics): If I focus all energies on research and the defense of my original base, I am quickly crushed by the A.I.s massive resource advantage and an innumerable armada of ground troops.

3. Resource rush: I make some good initial progress if I try to grab all the center resources and hold them. But my defensive resources are stretch so thin that eventually all the derricks are overrun, or my original base will be destroyed by an early assault.

4. Guerrilla tactics. I spent some time trying to utilize cyborgs for Guerrilla style warfare: careful maneuvering to avoid direct confrontations; attacking unguarded enemy resources; destroying construction vehicles. But this requires dividing troops into lots of small squads, and it is too difficult to keep track of them all, even on 0.3x speed. This does well for the first 8 or 10 minutes, but eventually all my forces end up cornered by tanks or surrounded by enemy bunkers, and the enemy builds up good defenses around all its resources.

I'm thinking now that the only solution is to find some new weakness in the artificial intelligence programming, but I haven't had time to look at the code yet.
games-online
New user

Post by games-online »

I thing, to get more resource do not play role at the beginning in this challenge - Version: 2.3.8-1ubuntu1.
I have built 12 oil derricks and 3 power generators, but it was good for nothing. I was out of energy very soon - It is not the big difference.

S.F. gamesonline.sk
MILISAV PRVI
New user

Post by MILISAV PRVI »

I just finished it on 3.10 version... It was a bi.ch...
Most important thing in this challenge is to research...
I mean , you must research internet, find out how to cheat, and then you can beat a hell out of them...
I am sure it is the only way...
I finished the other two challenges,campaign and all the skirmish games regulary, and I tried to finish "no place to hide" hundreds of times...
No way you can beat this challenge without cheats....
That is whole point...You must dig information on internet and that is whole idea of this challenge...
Good luck guys...
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

You're missing the point. It's a survival challenge: survive for as long as you can without cheats.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

It`s not important to win here. It is impossible. But this challenge is a good training session. Thats all. I like it.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

I did it after diging in keysortcut
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

If you wont win this. You mast slow down your game, one second from game is 30 seconds of your time, then you can grab all oils on middle (tower rush)and you mast building walls also do not finish them just CAT off the way, second step is kill oil on high ground , if you can not get it no one can. After that computer has no power for research and tanks .
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

How did you slow it down THAT much O_o ?
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

I found this option doing mine own personalised keyboard shortcuts