Unofficial JS API documentation wiki

For AI and campaign script related discussions and questions
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Unofficial JS API documentation wiki

Post by aubergine »

Hi All,

In addition to the official JS API docs (which you can also get from the "Help" menu while playing recent versions of the game), and the recently announced online version of them, there's now a new "unofficial" JS API docs site...

As many of you will have seen, I've been asking gazillions of questions in these forums and I decided to store as much of the answers as possible in a wiki I was using to document my other warzone scripting efforts. What started out as a basic dump of information for my personal use quickly grew in to a pretty comprehensive set of documentation, so I decided to tart it up a bit and make it publicly available:

https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/jsapi/Home

The pages on that site are at varying levels of completeness, but they contain at least as much info as you'll find in the official docs. In many cases, however, they will contain loads of extra information and nice formatting. There's lots of interlinking of pages to make related stuff easier to find as well. Oh, and a really good search feature that makes finding stuff much easier.

If anyone wants to help maintain that site I could sure use some extra hands - drop me a PM. As I currently have limited user accounts on the site I can only create a few more logins so please only apply if you're really serious about contributing. I'm trying to arrange getting unlimited user accounts and allow anyone to edit, but that might take a while. For now I've enabled anonymous commenting so casual contributors can post info/questions at bottom of pages - but if it starts getting spammed I'll have to switch that off :s

@Per: I couldn't PM you on these forums and my IRC client is fubar so apologies for not giving you a heads-up on this. If it's a problem, please let me know and I'll take down the site. If you want a login on that site (I'm happy to give you admin access) drop me a PM with some way to contact you.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Unofficial JS API documentation wiki

Post by Per »

Nice :-)